THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    577 on a Merkel 140 470 action
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

577 on a Merkel 140 470 action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wondering if a 577 could be built on a 140 Merkel action ,I have one[merk 470] and wondered if it would be practical to do it ,if the Merkel has the ''size for it ''.Champlins say they will rebarrel doubles for around $10,000 which would be cheaper than buying a complete New 577 double rifle .I offered my Merkel to B.Searcy as a trade on a New 577 but he said he wasnt interested, as Merkels were not up to his Standard

Posts: 175 | Location: australia | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
in 1-2 more weeks my friend will be back from africa and he will have his searcy 577 for sale i am helping him with the sale price is going to be in the 13,000 usd area.

if interested pm me. and as soon as i get pics and more info youll be pmed back.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Merkel action isn't large enough for a .577. It's on the small side for a .470.
------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
13K for a 577 seems pretty good if it is in good shape.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
iv seen the rifle its in brand new in the box shape.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote