THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Who is making .450/400 doubles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is making .450/400 doubles?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted
Which double rifle manufacturers, today, are producing doubles in .450/400 3"?

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Searcy is the only one I know that makes a 450/400 3 inch with proper 26" inch barrels.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can get a Chapuis in 450/400 3" from www.evolutionarms.com It will have 24" bbls.

Newguy is working with Heym on having them make 450/400 3" doubles. He is trying to convince them to make the bbls 26" but I do not know what the final decision is.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure if you want a Searcy with barrels shorter or longer than 26", he will make them for you.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Searcy's standard barrel lingth is 24", the 26" are special order!

Tony, and I looked at the Evolution Arms 450/400NE 3" double, at the DSC show this year, and it looked fine as well, but the new Searcy Classic is top notch, though it costs more, it is more rifle as well! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mac and Rusty are correct the Searcy Classic in 450/400 would be a good double.
577Nitro and Doc's 577 Searcy looked handled and shot very good.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch Searcy makes a very nice gun for the money and he will make it with 24 or 26 inch barrels. Check with New Guy on the Chapuis, if they do make one you should be able to order 26 inch barrels over the 24 inch if you want them.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Bob,
Early next year I should have the first Searcy Classic 450/400J in Aus. We should catch up at Silverdale for a shoot hey.
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bob,
Early next year I should have the first Searcy Classic 450/400J in Aus. We should catch up at Silverdale for a shoot hey.
ozhunter

That sounds like an excellent idea and I'll bring the Merkel .500 (if they will let me shoot it at Silverdale) and I should have my Merkel 9.3x74R by then, too.

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
http://www.evo-rifles.com/english_double.html

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19367 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
BwanaBob,
No problem at Silverdale as John C shoots his Merkel 500 there as do I with my Merkel 470.
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote