New
Find
Notify
Tools

450-400
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I took delivery of my Searcy 450-400 today. I am very impressed with Butch’s work. It has 26†barrels and a single leaf sight. It is also equipped with Butch’s Talley scope mount set up. This scope mount setup is really slick. I had sent Butch a Leopold 1.5 – 5 scope a month or so ago and he regulated the rifle for both the iron sights and the scope. I plan on taking the rifle out to the range this weekend.

Mike Chamberlain

DRSS Member

Posts: 96 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You lucky guy. I am still waiting for mine to show up. Good luck thie weekend.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
mjc, we need some pictures.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Good to have the reports coming in.
Is it the Classic {case hardened} or PH {Stainless} model and does it have sling swivels ?
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations MJC!
Good idea adding the scope!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is the PH model and I did have Butch add sling swivels. I've used a JP Sauer 20 guage with swivels for 30+ years and have gotten used to having a sling on a double (shotgun). If you order a double from Butch, the aluminum storage case is a Very worth while addition. Mine looks and works great! Needless to say, I am very excited to have this rifle.

Mike Chamberlain

DRSS Member

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjc:
It is the PH model and I did have Butch add sling swivels. I've used a JP Sauer 20 guage with swivels for 30+ years and have gotten used to having a sling on a double (shotgun). If you order a double from Butch, the aluminum storage case is a Very worth while addition. Mine looks and works great! Needless to say, I am very excited to have this rifle.

Mike Chamberlain

Well, here's another DRSS member! Congratulations Sir!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac37 Thanks for adding me to the membership. And by the way, thanks to all the members that have posted information on doubles over the years. I’ve been a member of AR since 2002 and even though I haven’t posted much, I’ve religiously enjoyed reading the information that you folks have written. I definitely helped me decide to get a double rifle – and the configuration that best suited me!

Mike Chamberlain

DRSS Member

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
mjc,
Yes I will get Butch to fix swivels to my order which happens to be the same as your rifle except in the Classic model. Also I'm not sure If I should get him to add a Doles head lock also.
I will also look into the option of a case.
Regards
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ozhunter, I am almost positive what SEARCY offers is a STRAIGHT RIB EXTENSION & NOT a DOLLS HEAD.

He says it is called for on his 577 & 600, but on the calibers smaller than that it is NOT.

He said to me on the BIG CAL'S it is meant to LESSEN the twisting or torqueing of the BBL'S when the rifle is fired.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
mjc:

Great news.

Now plan on getting your ass down to Brady, Texas this up coming January to enjoy the next DRSS hunt/shoot.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, I would like to go down to Texas. I may need to be in Seattle at that time, but if not, it really sounds like fun.

The Searcy rifle is everything that I had hoped it would be. It does fit me perfectly and is a beautiful & accurate rifle. Butch’s scope mounting system works wonderfully. The rifle does shoot less than 2 inch groups @ 50 yds to the same point of impact with the iron sights and scope.

Mike Chamberlain

DRSS Member