New
Find
Notify
Tools

348 DR for Sale
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those of you whose interest was piqued by the discussion of a DR in 348 Winchester, Griffin & Howe (www.griffinhowe.com) just listed a DeFourney O/U DR in 348 Winchester for $7,750 on their website. Nice looking rifle.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With your permission Biebs:
http://griffinhowe.com/riflemoreinfo.cfm

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Permission granted !!!! :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Actually, that is a pretty cool gun one could shoot more than the average double!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately it is an O/U!!
Remember, if God intended us to shoot O/U's he would have placed our eyes appropriately!!
If it had been sideby..it would have been gone now!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2677 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
I just took a look, I love it. A really nice rifle for the money. Try to have one built to that level of craftmansship and I don't think you will find anyone capable of that quality to quote less than $25,000.00 for a simalar gun.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with a well-made O/U DR. With the short 348 cartridges, there would be no feeding issue which can be awkward with long 450 #2 and other such rounds.

One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
originally posted by Biebs
quote:
Nothing wrong with a well-made O/U DR. With the short 348 cartridges,

Yup My O/U Merkel 8x57 is easy to load.
I really like this 348 but this cal is way too redundent for a guy with a 8x57 and a .338 double. Especially when I'm in the market for a big bore double. I'll never get the big gun if I keep buying the medium bores. I just hate seeing a rifle that turns me on like that with a great price and I let it go. I just want to make it mine.

Oh well a trip to the mall and I see a lot of women that make me feel the same way and they all get away.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh well a trip to the mall and I see a lot of women that make me feel the same way and they all get away.

Yes, and they can wind up being WAY more expensive than you think!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Believe me, the gun is ALOT cheaper than the women!!!

DRSS
Beretta 45-70 belgian mag
Tikka 512S 9.3 x 74R
Baikal o/u 30-06
Looking for next one

Posts: 290 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote