Find
Notify
Tools

Where to look for used DRs?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Supercracker
posted
I was thinking that it might be helpful (it would help me anyway) if there were a list of places, dealers, builders smiths to go to when on the look out for a used Double Rifle?

Naturally there's Gunbroker and Gunsinternational. But it seems there's also a bunch of other smaller places that have used guns. Like Champlins.

Where are some other suggestions?

Posts: 65 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 27 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
There's lot`sa links at GI and GA.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivory Beads in Covina just got in a Merkel and a Krieghoff, not sure of the calibers but they have a website where you can get their #.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Mick Sheppard in England has a bunch of old BPE rifles too. But no Nitro rifles.
It shouldn't be a big deal to bring antiques into the country either.

http://www.micksguns.com/

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hallowell's
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye on the Classifieds here as well....they pop up once a month, at least.

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Supercracker
posted Hide Post
I'm keeping an eye out pretty much everywhere. I want a 9.3x74.

I've dug through a lot of leads found on GB and GI but I've also seen a lot of places mentioned here and NX that don't have listings on either of those.

Posts: 65 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 27 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You just missed the best place this year,the DSC show in Dallas.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
quote:

Isn't there one in the classifieds right now - out of Canada I believe

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Cooley:
Bill

DSC was a great show to see what's available at various pricepoints this year. archer

Not too much for SxS shotguns but, the DR were covered well for both new and used.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Hallowell's
Peter.

Got a link for that? Having troubling locating that one...

Posts: 82 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 06 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.hallowellco.com/

Here it is! I bought my K gun in 500/416 from them.
There are two 9.3x74R's for sale in the Classifieds right now.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Supercracker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Cooley:
Bill

Yeah. I wanted to go and tried but it was not to be.

One of Us
Picture of carpediem4570
posted Hide Post
Greetings Supercracker:

I have an Antonio Zoli side by side double rifle in 9.3x74R with scope for sale in the classifieds.

The rifle comes with the original box, factory target and warrenty card.

The rifle has less than 50 rounds put through it and is in immaculate shape.

I am selling because my wife says I don't "need" two D.R.'s in 9.3x74R and I plan on using the money to order a new rifle.

Kind regards,

Carpediem

No politician who supports gun control should recieve armed protection paid for by those he is trying to disarm.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-scotch in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Madly Off In All Directions

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat George Caswell at Champlins. An honest man that knows his double rifles.

Mike

Posts: 21391 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Supercracker:

I've dug through a lot of leads found on GB and GI but I've also seen a lot of places mentioned here and NX that don't have listings on either of those.

You can order a Chapuis UGEX 9.3 complete with ejectors through Dale Nygaard for approximately $4,500. Built to your LOP and delivery is running about 3 months. He has great terms for ordering one and is a man of his word. I purchased both of my Chapuis's from him.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Supercracker
posted Hide Post
I didn't see the UGEX listed on his site. I assumed he didn't deal with that model.

I'll e mail him. If that's the case then that would be quite a deal.

I LOVE the Ziegenhahns. But they're well beyond what I'm willing to spend. Not by a whole lot, but definitely more than I was planning on.

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Supercracker:
I didn't see the UGEX listed on his site. I assumed he didn't deal with that model.

I'll e mail him.

Good luck! Dale has not responded to my last 2 emails (Nov. 15, Jan. 13) regarding a gun I purchassed from him. Frowner

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1698 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Supercracker
posted Hide Post
well that's not encouraging.

posted Hide Post
Don,
Dale responded to me a couple of times in December, and I am thinking about purchasing a Chapuis from him. Snowwolfe speaks highly of him. Are you waiting for delivery of your gun, or is there some issue? Just curios since I am looking to go down this path.

Robert

Posts: 8 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 30 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MertingRK:
Don,
Dale responded to me a couple of times in December, and I am thinking about purchasing a Chapuis from him. Snowwolfe speaks highly of him. Are you waiting for delivery of your gun, or is there some issue? Just curios since I am looking to go down this path.

Robert

No, Dale never cheated me out of a gun. Just a small post sale issue I needed help with.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1698 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote