THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Testing my new small Double Rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Testing my new small Double Rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
Thanks to Aaron Little I received my little 44mag Double yesterday. The wife and I stepped out the back door and ran 20 rounds through it the morning. Or I should say I shot 6 and she the other 14. Roll Eyes Looks like I will be fighting her for it.. She looked like the kid that had found the cookie jar. Grin from ear to ear.

It started life as a 28ga Spanish double it now has a set of 22" 44mag barrels on it. Points like a dream feels just like my 20ga SxS I've used for the last 50+ YEARS . Installed a Venom red dot so my old eyes don't have to strain. Soon as the snow clears will grouping it. Should be right on since Aaron used my handloads that I hunt with in my Model 29 to regulate the barrels.

Looking forward to my April TX trip to test it on some hogs.

Aaron does some quality work.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Ramrod. What a neat weapon!

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new rifle. I saw it in progress when I was at his shop. Yes Aaron does great work. He is working on a 450-400 for me right now

Posts: 81 | Location: Buckholts, Texas | Registered: 11 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suppose you know that some of the English deer parks used small doubles, often chambered for the .455 Webley revolver cartridge.

Neat!

HB

Posts: 83 | Location: Olde England | Registered: 03 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Congratulation!
I also saw the rifle in Aaron's shop when dropping off a DR rifle for some "constructive improvements".
You should have a lot of fun with it.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
Thanks to Aaron Little I received my little 44mag Double yesterday. The wife and I stepped out the back door and ran 20 rounds through it the morning. Or I should say I shot 6 and she the other 14. Roll Eyes Looks like I will be fighting her for it.. She looked like the kid that had found the cookie jar. Grin from ear to ear.

It started life as a 28ga Spanish double it now has a set of 22" 44mag barrels on it. Points like a dream feels just like my 20ga SxS I've used for the last 50+ YEARS . Installed a Venom red dot so my old eyes don't have to strain. Soon as the snow clears will grouping it. Should be right on since Aaron used my handloads that I hunt with in my Model 29 to regulate the barrels.

Looking forward to my April TX trip to test it on some hogs.

Aaron does some quality work.

That sounds incredibly fun!!!

Zeke

one of us
posted Hide Post
I recall checking out double rifles many years ago with Rusty at DSC, I recall several, a 22 L,R., a Hornet, and a 25-35 and last but not least a 30-40 Krag..All English rifles as I recall. We were snobs on English back in the day on doubles!! rotflmo

They were priced to sell back then, and may be in the future the way things are going, A friend of mine just bought an awesome fully engraved sideloack in 9.3x74 for $8500, He promised to send it to me to play with...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Will you hunt with it?

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about a picture!

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about a picture!

If someone wants to post them send me an email address

ramrod340@hotmail.com

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote