THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Westley and new Bradshaw barrels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Westley and new Bradshaw barrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Westley Richards 470 made for a Maharajah. I decided to have Bailey make me a set of 20 bore shotgun barrels and a set of 375 Flanged with a scope mount. They came out very nice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good!

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More beautiful work from Bailey. What a great set up in a double gun!!!!

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is SO awesome. What an incredible set.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 895 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Stunning - Bailey really does nice work.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Jaz
What a great 3 gun set up you have. Wink

Posts: 758 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the nice comments. Bailey has such a diverse set of skills. His artistic ability of machining to engraving is impressive. Good ole'Texas boy...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of seeing this rifle at Baileys. very very nice

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you are living V-E-R-Y well with that set up...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Let's see some targets.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
clap dancing beer dancing clap

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks great!

What scope mounts are they? Are they original?

Cheers,

Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1947 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Very very nice !

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The mounts are Baileys design. A cross between Rigby and Hollands design. The 470 original barrels did not have any scope mounts and I left them that way. I added the other barrels to make a "total combo". I think if there was any all around caliber, it would be the 375 flanged or the 9.3 x 74R, but in an English gun, it must be the 375.