THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    450-400 NTE 3 inch loading question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

450-400 NTE 3 inch loading question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My buddy has a Heym model 88 B that is regulated to the Hornady 400 grain GMX loads. I'm trying to come up with a hand load for 400 grain Woodleigh FMJ bullets that will match that as close as possible.

Any suggestions appreciated. 163bc

Posts: 285 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
sent you a PM with some data

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Hornady loads their ammo with 81.5 gr of H4831sc,this was what I was told by one of their techs when I called them,my Woodleigh soft point load is 81 grs,regulates perfectly,I am guessing that the FMJ will proabably be very close to that load,I wwould start with maybe 78 grs & work up to regulation to be safe.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 163bc:
My buddy has a Heym model 88 B that is regulated to the Hornady 400 grain GMX loads. I'm trying to come up with a hand load for 400 grain Woodleigh FMJ bullets that will match that as close as possible.

Any suggestions appreciated. 163bc

GMX ?

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry typo. I think they are DGX

Posts: 285 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post
That's pretty much what I figured...they have so many confusing designations I thought that they might have snuck a new slug in there.

http://www.hornady.com/bullets/rifle

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote