THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    What doubles are made to your measurements?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What doubles are made to your measurements?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
I'm thinking about buying a 450 or 470.

I believe Heym fits the stock to you? Is that correct?

What about Chapius?

Anyone else that isn't a bloody fortune?

Thanks!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
What’s considered a fortune?

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1021 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
If we are talking new guns.

Yes Heym fits all dimensions.

Is Chapuis still around?

Then after that I can’t think of of a builder that are bespoke until you spend double that of the Heym. I’m sure I’m wrong, just can’t think of any.

Mac

Posts: 1725 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Little:
What’s considered a fortune?

When a rifle costs more than a leopard hunt.

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Hunter:
I'm thinking about buying a 450 or 470.

I believe Heym fits the stock to you? Is that correct?

What about Chapius?

Anyone else that isn't a bloody fortune?

Thanks!

Verney Carron

I got mine (600 NE and 375 FL made to fit plus a few “stock”) through Ken Buch more than a decade ago but I believe VC is still making bespoke doubles at “reasonable” prices.

Best

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
**IF** you know your measurements it is easy to find a gun that is the right fit or to make one fit, LOP, Cast and Drop...

Posts: 1615 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both my Searcy and Heym were built to my specs.
The two Chapuis's that I owned had extremely high cheek pieces. They were better suited to using a scope instead of the irons on the rifle.
You could press your cheek down to see the sights OK but the recoil could puff up your face after a few rounds.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6603 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
It looks like you can go to Heym USA in the DFW area and not only get fitted, but shoot diff cartridges at their range. Sounds like a winner there!

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Glad that I have my .500 NE, .450/.400 NE and 7x57R from back when Ken Buch and Jerome were driving the Verney-Carron train.
The good old days.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
I had a truly Bespoke 500NE back action sidelock build by Armeria de Madrid (now called LARM)

They have since found space in the Holland and Holland price range, which I find amazing. When I bought mine (2006?) they were just a bit more than VC's.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3397 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleDon:
Glad that I have my .500 NE, .450/.400 NE and 7x57R from back when Ken Buch and Jerome were driving the Verney-Carron train.
The good old days.

I’m with you, Don!

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleDon:
The good old days.

I’m with you, Don!

Same here. Ken and Jerome did me a solid on my VC 500NE built to my specs back around 2012. Took about 16 months from the time I ordered it but it was worth it.

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Hey Todd!

Yep, I think you, Don and I really done good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As many of you know I stopped importing guns in general, I am getting to old & cranky. The shows became to much like work, not the sitting there but the preparation, set up, tear down, shipping etc. The fun & easy part was visiting with old & new customers. The importer that V-C picked was not up to the challenge & the good news they have a new importer that I have met with & seems a lot more interested. I offered to come down to SCI next year to get them off on the right foot. Not sure if the plan is to also be at DSC but SCI looks like a go for next year.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I too, would like to jump on the "happy customer" VC band wagon with Todd and Doc.
Arguably my best firearm purchase experience was dealing with Ken and Jerome and remain friends to this day. And of course, I could have been more please with my "bespoke" V/C !

jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I too, would like to jump on the "happy customer" VC band wagon with Todd and Doc.

Same here. I ordered my round body .450 in December 2012 and received it the last week of June 2013. The best experience I've had with a gun maker by far. Ken and Jerome were a pleasure to work with in every way. That rifle is still the favorite of all the guns I've owned before or since.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
When you work with good people like Ken and Jerome everyone wins