THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Latest American Rifleman (August issue)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest American Rifleman (August issue)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RAC
posted
features 2 articles on double rifles including an article by Harry Selby.

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and having never seen a double, or even photos of a double, it was nice to see some discussion about them, and what they cost.

Some decent discussion about comparative "hunting tactics" between the doubles and the bolt action with a scope.

Makes me appreciate my Ruger No.1 in .458 Win. Mag. But I don't hunt dangerous game with it.

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Here's the article.

http://www.americanrifleman.or...512-doublerifles.pdf

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris! thumb

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris, thanks from those of us who selected the American Hunter option with our last NRA membership renewal.

PS: Anything in the "scratched and dented" section down your way!!!! Biebs

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rojovin
posted Hide Post
I too had switched mags and missed out on this article. I wonder why it was excluded from the Hunter version, afterall it is hunting related and not rifleman material. Thanks Chris.

Posts: 96 | Location: Long Island New York | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To me, this was the best issue in years. It was good to see something other than the latest AR15 or 1911 clone for a change. Nothing against either of them mind you but dern I get tired of looking at them in about every issue.........and on the tv show.

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rojovin:
I too had switched mags and missed out on this article. I wonder why it was excluded from the Hunter version, afterall it is hunting related and not rifleman material. Thanks Chris.

Ya'll sign up your wife or significant other and you can get both magazines!

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote