Find
Notify
Tools

The Express Rifle book?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Chris E Nelson
posted
Anyone a have copy of this book advertised in Double Gun Journal? Just curious if it's worth the $140 Thanks Chris

Posts: 153 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does it mention a lot of color pictures? Maybe one would be paying for the color plates.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a copy used for about $70 or $80...worth that, but I don't think I would have paid $140 for it. Nice pics, some good information.....look for a used copy.

Posts: 1669 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a copy through the Double Gun Journal, and, NO, it's not worth the $140. It should be priced in the $70. range. I kept the book, but wouldn't recommend it to any future buyers for the full price.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of EDELWEISS
posted Hide Post
Ive previously said that its a $40.oo book definetly NOT a $130.00 book. Its only half in english BUT they forgot to mention that in the add!!! Its ashame because it does have lots of good pics but only half of the page is readable! If i had to guess Id say the the translation is computer done as well.

$130.oo buys alot of ammo...

Size Matters--A study of PDW's, PCC's, and SBR's
http://www.onesourcetactical.c...rs.aspx#.U9NDS3ZundU

Posts: 205 | Location: NOTTINGHAM MD | Registered: 13 September 2005Reply With Quote