THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Purdey Sidelock Double in 45/70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Purdey Sidelock Double in 45/70
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted
OK guys, I am not a troll, I don't like to stir the brown stuff, but, however...

I was browsing the on-line catalogue for Holt's up-coming auction and I saw this:

http://auctions.holtandcompany.co.uk/asp/fullCatalogue....o=+++20169&saletype=

I am sure this will amuse someone.

Suitable for cape buff???

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
hi brian

there have been a few 45/70 purdeys turning up lately, most if not all are butchered 400 purdeys being rebored.
this might be the only time the 45/70 has some class stir
at least they could have called it by its proper brit name .450 2"

cheers

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
To be fair, it would be a hell of a tool for driven boar. Big Grin

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan of rechambering original British doubles. However, it's hard to argue converting these from a .400 Purdey, which isn't a very useful round on game, to a 45/70 is a terrible idea.

Many of these conversions were done by Paul Roberts and besides being done properly they handle very well.

Unfortunately, these .400s aren't strong enough for a conversion to any dangerous game round.

For the right price it could be very useful.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote