Tools

Krieghoff Gold Imperial
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
Want to see a damn nice Krighoff. Take a look at this one:

http://www.gunsinternational.c...cfm?gun_id=100203263

Biebs, this is your gun and it's a 500 too! Cool I talked to the sellers yesterday and got them down to $25,000 for you. rotflmo

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, they had that down to $22,995 a few months ago, unless it's a different one, but I don't think so. That would be a distinctive piece, huh?

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think they look a little too slim,especially around the action.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Very nice Dave! Let us know how it shoots when you buy it!
...................................................................... Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
I think they look a little too slim,especially around the action.

Oh no! panned by shootaway! that gun will never sell!

Nice piece Dave..

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
they just look a little fragile

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
they just look a little fragile

Let me assure you,there is nothing fragile about a Krieghoff,go find a dealer that stocks one,shoulder it & see how un -fragile they are.

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot one once but did not come to any conclusions-it was my PH's.
I think he was interested in going to another make and caliber if I am not mistaken.
Why do people move on to others if it was so good?
It would be nice to here from someone who has experience with it and others to compare.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

How many times do you hear someone opineing that they wish they had NOT sold this gun or that??

Happens all the time!

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm guilty as charged, for sure :-(

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
I shot one once but did not come to any conclusions-it was my PH's.
I think he was interested in going to another make and caliber if I am not mistaken.
It would be nice to here from someone who has experience with it and others to compare.

Low hanging fruit to make an analogy to the fairer sex regarding the second half of this post. Use your imagination!!

But I will chime in to say that I shot Rich Tabor's 470 Kreighoff as well and can assure you there was nothing fragile about that gun; or any other K-gun for that matter. They are solid as a rock and hell for stout rifles and I actually think the cocking device is extremely safe, albiet non-traditional. The only reason I don't own one is that the stock design doesn't fit me well. At the time, Rich was looking to upgrade to a 577NE. It wasn't so much the rifle make as it was the caliber unless I misunderstood him.

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
George:

I have two K-guns now, a 500/.416 and a 500, and although I have not shot the 500 very much I can tell you that they are very stout guns and they handle very well. Many guys are put off by the combi cocking device and want ejectors so you can usually find a little used K-gun at a good discount. First Stop Guns in SD had my 500 for sale for $8,200 and it was "as new". I bet it hadn't had more than 20 rounds through it before I got it.

I had the guys at First Stop weigh it for me before I bought it and it weighs a bit less than 10.5 pounds. I was very concerned that the recoil would be to much but K-guns seem to fit me and trust me, it's not bad to shoot al all. MJines mentioned this in a post the other day as well. I think he said he has a Heym and a K-gun both chambered in 500 NE and although the Heym is heavier, the K-gun seems to generate less "felt recoil."

Anyway, knowing that I could put a Break-O recoil reducer in it if need be and after talking with Todd and Todd assuring me that I could handle the recoil, I popped for the 500. Trust me, in the right fitting gun, they are not bad to shoot. The recoil is not sharp, more of a push.

I need a little more LOP in my 500 as does my son so at some point I will probably put a spacer in it. Now, when I pull the front trigger, it bites my middle finger. (No jokes please) You just have to be a little careful how you hold the gun.

Mac, I love that Imperial Gold but I agree with Biebs, I think it is priced too high. I thought about trying to work out a trade with them so they need pictures of my trading stock which I have not been able to put together yet. I think a guy might buy one made to specs brand new for a little less money. Also, for less money you can buy a hell of a nice VC, right?

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, didn't Mark's 500 already have a recoil reducer in it? I thought I remembered that. Anyway, you got quite a buy, huh?

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Biebs, I don't think if does. It weighs slightly less than my 500/.416. A Break-O reducer would have put it well over 11 pounds. It's a joy to carry and, as I said, Todd was right about the recoil. It's not bad at all. K-guns are very straight and that seems to suit me.

I would love to have a Todd's .577 but I just can't carry that much weight anymore. That's why I traded my Blaser off on the K-gun. At 11.6 pounds, the Blaser was just to heavy for me. That little flanged .375 I have is a dandy. You need one of those too.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would love to have a Todd's .577 but I just can't carry that much weight anymore

Hey Dave, it's a secret, but neither can Todd :-)

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:
I would love to have a Todd's .577 but I just can't carry that much weight anymore

Hey Dave, it's a secret, but neither can Todd :-)

It's amazing what a $5 per day tip will do for motivating trackers!! Hehehe!!

Besides, I only REALLY need to carry it when walking past the camera!!! Cool

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Dave

Regarding your comment that some guys want ejectors .... Note that Kreighoff now offers ejectors. Debuted them at DSC. I seen it!

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Merkel did it a few years ago, and now Krieghoff. Todd, you're right. The first day you give a tracker $5 to carry your big rifle, and the next day they're all fighting to carry it.