Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Safari Grade Ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
Looks like Nosler is going to be loading 470 NE, and a bunch of other calibers. They are loading 375 Flanged, but no 450/400, no 9.3X74R.
Nolser Safari Ammo

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Looks like Nosler is going to be loading 470 NE, and a bunch of other calibers. They are loading 375 Flanged, but no 450/400, no 9.3X74R.
Nolser Safari Ammo

Rusty:

Great way to get .375 flanged cases but I bet it is going to be expensive! Wonder why they choose the 570 grain bullet for the 500 Jeffery as opposed to the more conventional 535 grainer?

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the excellent news.

They may be expensive but I doubt more so than the Norma 375 Flanged I bought just to have nickel plated brass.
Srose taught me "solids in nickel, expanding in brass" as a way to quickly differentiate the two ay a glance. I adopted that practice ...

plus I just like the look of it Big Grin

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Hope Ken sees this! great news for the Flanged!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midway lists Nosler custom ammo in 9.3 x 74R but it is 60 day special order.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

Posts: 231 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is good news, Norma needs some competition, best, Mike

Posts: 110 | Location: SW Spain and London UK | Registered: 22 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With Kynoch, Norma, Hornady, Federal and now Nosler making factory ammo for the nitro express calibers it looks like they are back in spades and their future is assured! Whoopee!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Of what I have used of their ammo, I've had trouble with the Brass being soft.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I´ll be ordering some to try in my doubles as soon as it arrives here , best

Posts: 110 | Location: SW Spain and London UK | Registered: 22 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought several boxes of 9.3x74R loaded with 286NP's direct from Nosler,

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I'm amazed at the amount of good quality 'safari' ammo made today. With more manufacturers getting into the game it shows a positive influence on the demands of this type of ammo. Very good, in my opinion!

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rusty:
Nolser Safari Ammo

I'd certainly be intersted in seeing one of those solids cross sectioned, and out of the case to see the bearing surface! The Partitions are fine, but I'll hold my opinion on the solid till I see one sectioned.

The 375H&H flanged is certainly good news!

There is a picture of that bullet in the Nosler website but when I copied it, it came out bigger than the whole page so I deleted it.

It looks just like the old Barnes super solid with a flat point and made of solid bronze,not a bore rider. I won't be using that solid in my double rifles!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
Srose taught me "solids in nickel, expanding in brass" as a way to quickly differentiate the two ay a glance. I adopted that practice ...

I use the same technique, but reversed; solids in brass, softs in nickel. Since brass is gold colored and nickel is silver colored, I figured that "gold" was more precious than "silver." In a charge, I want the most precious metal I can to stop the charge, in which case, "Solids are Golden!"

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote