New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not a lot of Movement
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just from watching Gunsinternational, seems like that sales of doubles rifles are at a stall. I'm sure much of it has to do with issues in Africa in addition to finances and etc.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine just sold. Took a while, though.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is very slow, for one thing the indigenous govt of Africa has demanded higher prices by making the Safari companies charge higher prices, and the indigenous don't care one bit as they can live in mud room or a mantion equally as well. Then we have the danger of overseas flights effecting a lot of folks, and on and on on our changing world, add to that our economy over the last 8 years under Obama..Hunting is down and so are African doubles..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
It is very slow, for one thing the indigenous govt of Africa has demanded higher prices by making the Safari companies charge higher prices, and the indigenous don't care one bit as they can live in mud room or a mantion equally as well. Then we have the danger of overseas flights effecting a lot of folks, and on and on on our changing world, add to that our economy over the last 8 years under Obama..Hunting is down and so are African doubles..

.............................................................Well said Ray! They have priced me out of the market, and at 80 yrs of age I don't have the time to wait for it to recover so I could do one last who-rah for another Cape buffalo!
................... CRYBABY

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I lurk in the shadows hoarding money biding my time!

Posts: 1279 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote