New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krieghoff Doubles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi: I don't see any posts about Krieghoff doubles with the combi cocking devise. Any reasons why?

Posts: 201 | Location: Mackenzie BC | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've got one and have used it on several hunts with complete success. PH's seem to like it as well as the cocking system makes it a bit safer to walk in front of... Wink

Had Krieghoff install a lighter cocking spring making it a bit easier to cock while shouldering.

I've got a 1902 Rigby, boxlock, in 450 nitro as well, so I believe I can make some compairsion.

Anyhow, I've fired 1000+ rounds through the Krieghoff and am very happy with it.

Posts: 4 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 02 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You. I thought they looked like an ideal gun. If i ever have money for a double or a drilling it will be a Krieghoff. Dan

Posts: 201 | Location: Mackenzie BC | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
A great safety system only a little slower to switch off than the traditional safety's.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There have been a lot of posts about the Kreighoff. Just do a search on this forum. I have one in 500/416.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
There are many things that some dislike about the K-gun, and initially, people were worrind about the combi-cocking system, myself included.

However, after some research on the system I've come to like the system. The main worry I had about the combi-cocker was haveing the re-cock every time it was broken open. I found this is not the case with the Krieghoff, and it re-cocks it's self when the action is broken open to re-load one or both barrels after firein one of both rounds.

http://www.krieghoff.com/index...k=view&id=29Itemid=0

This can't be said of the Blaser, which doesn't re-cock it's self when it is broken open, but actually de-cocks the rifle when opened for any reason. That feature is not something one wants in the middle of a fire fight with a pissed off elephant, or Buffalo, and even more so on a lion. The krieghoff re-cocks when opened, and if you re-load, and want to safe the rifle simply move the so-called "SAFETY SWITCH" forward slightly, and release, and the rifle is un-cocked! Safe as a capgun! Big Grin

The K-guns do not fit me well, so I will not buy one, but if they fit you well go for it. The K-gun is now available chambered for 450/400NE 3" and Hornady now makes factory ammo for that round, and is, I beleive, what the Krieghoff is regulated with in that chambering.

If you want larger chamberings they are available as well, so the choice is yours. I would stay away from any rimless, or belted rimless chamberings in a dangerous game double rifle. The 500/416K is also a pain to find ammo for in a lot of places, but is a good cartridge, as long as availability doesn't concern you! thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a Krieghoff in 450/400 about 3 months ago and love it.They are very strong and very accurate.I had a Chapius and for me the K-gun is a better rifle.They also have excellent triggers and the rifle fits me very well.Some don't like the combi-cocking device but I love it.

DRSS

Posts: 41 | Location: Texas | Registered: 04 September 2006Reply With Quote