THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    .416 Rigby-.416 in. Rigby + .300 Win. Mag-.300 Win. Mag
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.416 Rigby-.416 in. Rigby + .300 Win. Mag-.300 Win. Mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How about this unusal Scheiring Double http://www.stiegele-jagd.de/af...s/view/options_id/71

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
I love it, Schiering is among the less conventional of the Ferlach makers but his quality is top rate and his own design recivers are said to be very strong and stay on face.

I personally feel that a German or Austrian gunmaker who designs his own action and builds it is in it's self a tradition, so anything these guy come up with is by my logic "traditional". Much in the same manner as my friend Alois Mayr who designed the Drehverschluss single shot or Martin Hagn who designed his Falling block.

Another example would be the German American George Honig. His double rifle is even more of a departure from the norm than this Schiering.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote