New
Find
Notify
Tools

Results of raffle money
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
First I want to thank everyone that participated in the last softball raffle.
Here is how I distributed the money. 10K was given to the High School girls softball team through the booster club. And the balance of 5K was given to my #2 granddaughters 12U travel ball team.
Now the results, the 12U team qualified for the Triple Crown World Series tournament in Reno. They won the Division Silver championship. My GD hit three over the fence and pitched in every game but one in a week long tournament. To say I'm Proud of her and the team is an understatement. Thought you'd like to know where the money went and the good it did.
Thanks again

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To use your skills and talent to help all those kids is as cool as it gets. I hope it brought you as much joy as it brought them.Your a class act.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Very well done Butch and I bought a couple of tickets hoping to recover from that Peter Nerving fiasco.

Note Peter did much the same with my money except there was no raffle and there was no gun.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Well done, Butch! My congratulations to you both!
My only questions. . .When's the next one?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Soon, Both granddaughters have moved up in age. So they are on new teams now. Waiting to see if the new teams are in need of help. Fairgame and all, Keep in mind when I set these up I stay at more than arms length with regard to the money. Also the travel ball teams have tax #'s.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. Was glad to contribute, and am very happy they did so well.

Congrats.

I am gonna win the next one!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 salute

one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

That is great stuff, enjoy it now as it goes so fast. My daughter is now going to be a junior in college and with the distance and travel they do it is harder to make it to games.

I know you know all this but those girls will benifit so much from their travel ball play, and not just all on the field, but in their future challenges.

Pitchers have to out work everyother player so I know the time somebody spends on the bucket.

Congrats to your grand daughter! And keep if fun it will all payoff in the end.

All teams are in need of funding, and it is wonderful for them to have someone like you. As I am sure you know all are involved, few are commited.

Many Thanks

HBH

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was a catcher in HS and College. So yes I have bucket marks on my butt. I'm finding it harder and harder to stay working. I have a 16 yr old catcher playing 18U and a 13 yr old playing 14U travel ball. And yes I'm already the thought of all this coming to an end. But I have several younger ones coming up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We get to live our lives again through our kids, then grandkids, and maybe great-grandkids for those that can put on the mileage!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Butch, you are the consumate gentleman; I wish I met more people like you! What you are doing is a testament to us older folks helping to continue the "fun" that our parents gave to us. I now own a sandwich shop that is proving to be very profitable. I have all ready sponsored all of my kids' teams and donated money to the leagues. They need it. From one proud parent/grand father to the next, bless you; our future generations need our help.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 500 Fan
posted Hide Post
I joke with our (6) kids and tell them our 14 grandchildren are GOD's Blessing cuz infanticide is illegal and they are the "payoff" for the "tough days"! LOL Just kidding they all know we love them and they are going through those "tough days" themselves and how SMART MY WIFE AND I ARE NOW!!!

Butch, ditto, you ARE A CLASS ACT, GOOD GUY, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY A GREAT GRANDPA!!!

Thanks also for how you have helped so many of us live "our dreams" of owning doubles!

GOD Bless,

"Z"

The display of PURE POWER is nothing short of AWESOME !

1 JOHN 3:18

Posts: 327 | Location: The Beautiful Sandhills of America | Registered: 29 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch-
Well done. I hope they need money, because I sure as hell would like to buy another ticket!

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote