THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Merkel in 9,3x74R, is this price ok?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Merkel in 9,3x74R, is this price ok?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just failled in buying a used drilling my gunsmith offered me this Merkel in 9,3x74R.
What do you think about the price? I told him its too expensive.
Offered him 4.000 Euro, think its enough
(1€ = 1,30 USD)

Burkhard

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That seems to be about the price that we were paying here in the States via the "special pricing" that DLN arranged. I would have thought it would be cheaper over there.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I just bought (here in the U.S.) a Merkel 141E in the same caliber for a little less than $5000.00. Before shipment to the states, I had detachable mounts put on, too. I, too, would think that your price would be less. Is your offer for a 141E or a 140?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7714 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Dosn't look like too bad of a deal to me. The guy's here are buying these for about that price through some good conections but don't forget you have a couple thousand worth of scope and mounts on that double.

This double is set up perfectly for Germany. I think the 1.5-6x42 would work great at night for pigs and at low power great for driven boar or with the scope off.

The 9.3x74 is a great boar caliber I've shoot five in France with a Rigby 9.3 double and I think it would be great for big red stag as well.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
With the scope, it would be a GREAT buy in the U.S. for that price!

Posts: 7714 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
it is a good price - Frankonia asks 3.979,00 € for a new 141 - so you basicaly get a scope mount and a scope for free...

P.S. There was a used 140 in 9,3 with Swaro 1,5-6x42 for sale here - price 3.800,00 € - sold first day.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote