Find
Notify
Tools

.500 Nitro Cast Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
Anyone have a good source for .500 Nitro cast bullets weighing 515 grains? Does the diameter need to be .510 or will .512 work? Do the bullets need to be gas checked if you are just looking to shoot them at approximately 1200 fps? Thanks for your help.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pm sent

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Try The Mount Baldy Bullet Company Wyoming. The Web site is: WWW.mtbaldybullets.com. I had him make up a batch for my 510 Gibbs, and they are fine at 2300 f/s with a gas check. I believe the rule of thumb is that the gas check is not necessary under 1500 f/s. The .512 diameter is fine, but may bulge your case slightly.
Lou

~ Lou

Posts: 9 | Location: CA | Registered: 17 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lou_Willams:
Try The Mount Baldy Bullet Company Wyoming. The Web site is: WWW.mtbaldybullets.com. I had him make up a batch for my 510 Gibbs, and they are fine at 2300 f/s with a gas check. I believe the rule of thumb is that the gas check is not necessary under 1500 f/s. The .512 diameter is fine, but may bulge your case slightly.

Lou, was that the 50 Alaskan bullet or the one above it from the NEI mold?

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The 50 Alaskan is a good looking flat nosed bullet, it may be close to 515g with a gas check. Your best bet is to talk to the owner, he likes to talk and is a big bore shooter.

~ Lou

Posts: 9 | Location: CA | Registered: 17 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
http://www.lsstuff.com/ranger-rick/
Ranger Rick in Homer AK has .512 bullets from just over 500gn to almost 1000gns.

I have some of his 700gn bullets for my 500 S&W.
He makes a really nice bullet.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote