New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 flanged
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What kind of velocity do you load a 375 flanged to in a double? Trying to make a decision. Go with a Chapuis in 9.3x74 or spend more on a Searcy in 375 flanged. However Searcy website doesn't list the 375 flanged for his field grade model which is what my budget would allow. Any info or advice is appreciated. Thanks

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
If you are on a budget I suggest you stay with the 9.3x74r. Both the rifle and ammo will cost less. As for the difference between the two, that may cause debate. I have never used the 375 Flanged however the 9.3 has been a proven round on the largest of animals. With proper shot placement it will not let you down. Good luck!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 9.3 Chapuis UGEX will cost you less than 50% the price of a any good SXS in 375 flanged. If you can live with a O/U 375 flanged, I have a special order upgraded Chapuis model C-10 that will be here soon for $6000.
ken@kebcollc.com

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lean towards the 375 flanged because of my experience with the H & H. Will the 9.3x74 meet the legal requirement for buff? Have been on 2 buff hunts,once with the h&h,the other with 416rigby. I hope to go back again in 2011, might be my last chance. So I would really like one time to hunt Africa with a double,(sxs), have wanted a double rifle for a very long time. Longer than I care to admit. Think most guys on here would understand what I am saying.

Kebco..have looked on your website. Some nice looking guns.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kynamco lists their .375 flanged ammuntion as 2600 fps for the 270 grain bullet and 2425 fps for the 300 grain either solid or soft.

Their .375 belted magnum lists at 2650 for the 270 grain bullet and 2500 for the 300 grain bullet.

If you reload you can likely ask Butch to regulate your barrels for whatever velocity you want for your .375 flanged (within reason!). I'd spend the money for the box lock model that has intercepting sears as well.

Regards

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that shoots 3 buff each year with his 375 Flanged. Velocity on his is 2,350 with Woodleighs or TB. They are basically the same except you can loand the 375 hotter and there is no doubt that the 375 Flanged is sexier. You are going to want to buy brass for the 375 whenever you find it, it can be hard to come by.

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote