THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    new (to me) Antonio Zoli O/U
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new (to me) Antonio Zoli O/U
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted
Hello. I am new to the forum and really enjoy all of the information posted here.

I recently acquired a like new Antonio Zoli O/U rifle in 9.3x74R in a trade. It has very nice wood, ejectors, and has engraving of an elk on one side of the receiver, a ram on the other and a deer on the bottom. It has double triggers and the front is a set trigger. I used the search engine here and saw mixed reviews. I contacted the zoli usa rep by phone and email and have yet to receive a response. I don't have very much in the rifle so I figured I would take a chance on it.

Does anyone know where I can locate an owner's manual or a scope mount? I would appreciate any info on the rifle.

Thanks.........Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I fired the rifle today using Norma 286gr factory loads. At 50 yard the bottom barrel is 2" above the point of aim and the top barrel is 5" above that. So, it is perfect for windage but the barrels are 5" apart at 50 yards. I didn't try it at any further distance as 2 guys showed up to shoot their Barrett 50's (set up on the bench beside me) so I called it a day.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SF, first thing is to see whether you can adjust the POI of the lower barrel. I have a Tikka 512SD and I can do that. the adjustment may be either at the muzzle or half way down between the barrels (remove the forend). If not, then you will have to reload for it. I love my 9.3x74R O/U!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bwananelson
posted Hide Post
I HAVE TWO I CAN HELP YOU

DRSS,SCI.
ZOLI 9.3X74R (2)
Zoli 450 400 NE
Merkel 470 NE
V-C 600 NE
VICTOR SARASQUETA 375

Posts: 351 | Location: deltona florida | Registered: 09 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Nelson is the go-to guy for Zoli O&U's

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4198 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bwananelson
posted Hide Post
sir when you return i will need a serial number i have an older one myself we will send it to italy they will tell us when built and what it was regulated with.then we will go from there,we are planning a double rifle shoot you must join us

DRSS,SCI.
ZOLI 9.3X74R (2)
Zoli 450 400 NE
Merkel 470 NE
V-C 600 NE
VICTOR SARASQUETA 375

Posts: 351 | Location: deltona florida | Registered: 09 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's an article by Phil Shoemaker on the Zoli in the latest "Rifle" magazine.

Posts: 388 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote