Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW DOUBLE RIFLE?
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone heard that Connecticut Shotguns Meg. is getting ready to make a double rifle in .470 and.500 caliber?And will it be ona RBL frame?

Posts: 20 | Location: new castle,de. | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have had quite a few double rifles up there is the white. They are beefed up mod. 21's. I have been to the factory twice and seen these prototypes. They have always told me they are so busy that there has not been the time to put the finishing touches on the 90% complete double rifles.
As far as S X S shotguns go, the model 21 is a tank but it is still not adequate for double rifle applications so they are beefed up.
If you ever get the chance to go up there, DO IT! It is quite a experience.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I say this as someone who has a Parker conversion rifle. I just kind of hate to see a 21 used for that unless it's for an extra barrel set built from scratch to accompany the original shotgun. The 21 IMO is the King of the American shotgun world and the supply, desirability and price reflect that. In other words I'm not real crazy about seeing any of those lost to the shooting world as shotguns. I'm sure others will see it differently, but I'd sure rather they use others instead, Parker, L.C. Smith, Ithaca, A.H. Fox, Sterlingworth Fox etc if they want the older models.

Anyway, it'd be nice if they'd include a caliber or two for N.A. small or medium game.

One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted Hide Post
Shack,
I'm pretty sure that Tony Galazan at CSMC is building these on his "new" 21s. Otherwise I'd agree with you...
Bill