New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great service from Butch
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was having a malfunction with the ejectors on my BSS Searcy 470. This rifle is probably 20 years old. I called Butch, he said send it in. He got it last Friday. No big deal, just an adjustment. He emailed today that I will have it back Friday! That is GREAT service! Thanks, Butch!

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'd call service like that a real good reason to consider a Searcy double rifle!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Over the years there has been many discussions about Butch’s rifles….some good and some bad. The one consistent thing you will always find is that Butch stands behind all his guns 100%. I have always found him honest and willing to do whatever it takes to make the owners of his guns happy.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only had need of Butch's help once. Bought a used .470 Field Grade some years ago. Both triggers were very crisp but the back one was just over 2 pounds in pull weight.

Sent it back for a touch up to increase the trigger pull and match the front trigger. Was returned very promptly with NO CHARGE for the work. I am and was VERY impressed!

Would absolutely buy another Searcy rifle if I could afford it.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch has the best customer service of any firearms manufacturer in the world. I stand by that statement 100%. IF you can find one better let me know but I doubt that it can be done.

Butch has helped me out on several occasions everyone was a great experience.

One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
CLASS! When you look up the word in Websters dictionary, you will see Butch's picture there! He is an upstanding Gentleman, and businessman of the highest order, and I'm proud to consider him a friend! I've had great service from Butch from the day I ordered my 577NE from him. I plan to have a 450/400NE sometime in the future, You can bet your ass, Butch will be the one to buid it for me!
My $.02 for what it's worth!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Butch is just a nice guy. I called him up when I was working in Boron a couple of years ago and asked if I could stop by and see the shop. He took at least an hour out of his day to show me everything, gave me a free hat, a 4 bore brass case and offered to let me shoot a couple of guns the next time he was regulating some rifles if I was in the area.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12600 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch has my 470NE right now. I was having the crossing patterns and posted in this forum. Called Butch and he said: "Don't panic! Send me the gun, and I will regulate it myself". He was very calm and confident on the phone, because he knows his guns and stands behind them. I am the 3rd owner of this gun...which Butch knew from the serial #, and he didn't mention any charge for repair. Just wanted me to be happy with the gun.
I 2nd surestrike's statement. I have delt with a lot of high end manufacturers...some have good service and some poor service...but NONE can even compare to Butch's service policy. He is in a class of his own. My next double will be a Searcy as well.
ND thumb

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE

Posts: 625 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NO ONE is ever going to please everybody, but Butch is absolutely top drawer. Very easy to chat with and very informative. I have one of his 450 3.25" doubles....bought new...but from the original owner. Butch told me himself that he would stand behind any issues I have with it. You cannot get better than that....equal...yes...Champlin comes to mind as they stand behind their guns..or seem to as far as I'm concerned. Nice to see such service this day and age.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
GarBy,
How did she shoot? Did you have any problems?

John

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Classic 450/.400 already & a .577 on order. My 450/.400 had a small problem with the ejectors, so I sent it back to Butch. He fixed the problem VERY quickly, & for my trouble, he said he'd pay the shipping when my new .577 was completed, AND (this is a very generous AND), he's sending a case for the new rifle at his expense. It doesn't get any better than that. The .577 will be my second Searcy, & when the economy improves a little, I'll probably buy my third Searcy in a .45 calibre. These rifles represent great value for the money ..... that's my opinion.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1584 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, John.....how are you. Your father is a great chap....enjoyed chatting with him last fall. The gun is SWEET....she doesn't regulate perfectly with those Hornady loads, but with Butch's load....perfectly. The Hornady's are running about 80-90 fps less than Butch's load of 96 gr of IMR 4831.

Hope all is well...good to hear from you.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Gary,
That is nice to know. I'm glad she went to a good home. Try not to neglect her among all the other nice girls in your harem.

John

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
I think Butch's load was with 500 grainers? Even with 480 grainers it is what the Hornady load should have been. I wonder why they went under 2100fps.

one of us
posted Hide Post
John....don't know...the gun, as you know has 26" barrels. I talked to Butch and he told me the load it was regulated with was 480 gr Woodleighs...but no problem to shoot 500 grainers.
I chrono'd both loads...and Butch's load shot faster.....and put a 4 shot group that was astounding. The Hornady's were certainly workable...but the reloads shot better. Yes she has a good home...everyone that sees her drools...especially on the wood.
I'm glad I got to adopt her. Cool

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you liked her. If you are ever down this way please give me a call.

Cheers.
John

one of us
posted Hide Post
John...will do....I owe you at least one beer!

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC