THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Clunky German double rifles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clunky German double rifles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A poster here asked me to send him a picture of my G. Genschow 465 Nitro double. I hear comments about how clunky/chunky German doubles are. Here is a picture of my Genschow 465 along with a Westley Richards 450/400 3 1/4" double that I found for him. Notice how much shallower the action is on the German rifle. The 465 actuall weighs just 10 lbs. even, more than a pound less than the WR.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
You're just trying to start trouble, ain't ya?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19333 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
You're just trying to start trouble, ain't ya?

Who me?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, he is !!!

Lovely rifles, clam shell action always going to get people's attention !!!

I have a WR 465 the same as the one on the left.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Genschow

465H&H,

Being a fan of the "clamshell" receiver I have to ask: By chance have you posted or might you post some pictures of your Genschow that could be shared with others, such as ... well me Cool? If you have already posted some where would they be?

Buchseman

Posts: 11 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buchseman:
quote:
Genschow

465H&H,

Being a fan of the "clamshell" receiver I have to ask: By chance have you posted or might you post some pictures of your Genschow that could be shared with others, such as ... well me Cool? If you have already posted some where would they be?

Buchseman

Here are a few more. If you have something specific in mind, let me know.

465H&H

posted Hide Post
Thank you sir. I see you've put it to good use. Very nice!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
German rifle..either bolt or double are always very nice.( with very few exceptions)
When thinking about chunky clunky guns of Germany its the shotguns we are talking about.
German shotguns are however made well for "Blitzkrieg inn Rusland".. salute

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Jens,

Though I have to admit you saying that "German shotguns are however made well for Blitzkrieg inn Rusland" made me chuckle I believe that truth be told the chunkiness or bulkiness of a long gun is pretty much dependant on the maker (whether an independent or manufacturer) and not so much particular to a nationality. I'm sure we can all agree that great craftsman can be found all over the world but even talented to the extreme they may not agree on what some of us would see as good lines and feel. For example an American fellow by the name of Daniel Myron Lefever made some very nice American shotguns as did A. H. Fox in the way of balance, weight, and contours while Parkers for example were rather "bulky" in comparison (personal opinion). I personally do not care for O/U shotguns just because I don’t like the way they look. With that the only reason I have and O/U 9.3X74R in my collection is because 1) it’s a double rifle and 2) because it’s a 9.3X74R. Like everything else they all have a following. Whatever trips ones trigger, or triggers, as they say.

Best regards,

Buchseman