Notify
Tools

Doc52 - RIP
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
Gentle people,

Some of you may remember my father, Doc52, who came to a number of DRSS hunts a few years back. Today he passed away due to complications from pancreatic cancer. He was my dad, my friend, my hunting buddy and a great pappy to his two grandsons. He taught me how to hunt, shoot and reload. It will be hard without him in my life from now on.

Paul

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. My dad died 31 years ago, and I still miss him.

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was great man!

Posts: 225 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 08 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. I enjoyed meeting him at the DRSS hunts.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1279 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So sad for you. It’s so important to have have people in your life that guide you through the crap. Obviously your father was such a man.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Paul,
I am so sorry for your loss,your dad was a great guy,I will miss him,I remember talking to him right from the airport before leaving for Zimbabwe,he was in my thoughts lately,god bless buddy.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I certainly and fondly remember your dad. What a loss! My God's Grace help you through your grief and give you a peace that surpasses all understanding.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayers and condolences for your loss.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1102 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Condolences to you and your family. Cherish your times together and memories remaining.

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. But it sounds like you have many great memories to help you through this sad time.

In the end, all we really leave behind is memories, sounds like your Dad did well.

Posts: 41861 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Hey Paul,
I am sorry for your loss. I really enjoyed being around your dad...he and I shared some good times together. He was a beast...an not anyone I would want to get cross with.

He will be missed.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that.
R.i.P. Doc 52.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear about your Dad. My Dad passed nearly 5 years ago now. I think you never really get over it. My condolences to you and your family.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My condolences also.

We all have too little time with friends and family.

Posts: 10771 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
My condolences Paul. Rusty sent around a note letting some of us know of your loss a day or so ago. You have experienced two significant losses since I have known you on AR. That is too much for someone your age. I will keep you and your children in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are otherwise doing alright.

Mike

Posts: 21380 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss and hope you can hold on to some great memories.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. My condolences to family and friends.

DRSS

Posts: 1929 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I am very sad for you sir...I feel exactly the same about my father.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36844 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I’m very sorry for your loss.

Lee

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I can’t imagine that feeling.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3436 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Paul I too will miss your dad, he was a standup guy, and was a person anyone would like! I enjoyed hunting with him at 4K, and as Mike says you have suffered two losses in the last few years, and that must be hard for you and your kids. RIP Doc52 I for one will miss you friend!

……………………………………………………….. CRYBABY old Mac

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Paul, very sad news indeed! I'm happy to have had the privilege of sharing camp with your Dad and yourself. As mentioned above it sounds like he did a fine job as a father and grandfather with many great memories for you to pass on. What short time I was around you both it was obvious yall had a wonderful relationship. I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Paul, my sincere condolences on your loss.

Antlers
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul I am sorry for your loss. Your dad was a good guy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're fortunate to have such great memories - it will never get easy, but over time will get easier. Sincere sympathies for you and your family.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just seeing this after a trip abroad. So very sorry to hear this, really enjoyed getting to know you and dad. Lost my dad a year ago so it's very present on my mind the kind of loss this is, even when dads have led long full lives. bob

Posts: 1284 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I am grateful for being able to know your dad and enjoyed our times together! Peggy and I send our love and prayers!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss.

Posts: 224 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss. I had that experience in'74. I can say you will always miss him but you have many good memories in your heart. Cherish those. They will help ease the pain over the years. God Bless you all. Packy

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Damn, Paul, I am so sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and yours.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote