Find
Notify
Tools

London Rigby
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
About a year or so back, there was a big splash about the Rigby rifle being built in London. Does anyone know if they ever produced a double or if they are still in business?

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Dave, re my post below in this section of AR about the 'new' US based Rigby, I recently looked at the London Rigby website and it has an announcement that the Managing Director Mark Neal has passed away and the website is disabled. RIP Mr. Neal.

http://johnrigbylondon.com/

info@johnrigbylondon.com

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PSmith,
Yes, but the web site said that it was TEMPORARILY SHUT DOWN, FOR RESPECT TO THE LOSS OF MR. NEAL. Naturally, I know nothing else about this matter.

Posts: 121 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With Quote