THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    EAA Model SAB92SF Double Rifles
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EAA Model SAB92SF Double Rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted
I just got a flyer from USSG "U.S. Sporting Goods INC. showing a Model SAB92SF Double Rifle made by Sabatti in Italy. Cal. range from 45-70 to .375 and on up to .600 Nitro. They list both a non-engraved and a engraved model. They retail for $2948.20 for the non-engraved to $5121.70 for the engraved. Single Trigger, Mono block, Hammer Forged Chrome-Moly Barrels, Machined Chrome and steel receivers. Looks like single trigger and extractor only. The info I received lacks detail about Barrel regulation and such. Has anyone seen one of these or had any experience with one?
Larry

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no, but I like the direction this discussion is taking. Got a website address to share with us?

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Tel. 321-639-4842
www.ussginc.com
ussg@eaacorp.com
I would really like to handle one of these. I hope someone buys one and lets us know if there as good as they look.
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They had a 45-70 version at the Shot Show. They could not answer any questions about the gun they had and did not know when they would have bigger guns (wanted me to deal with their distributors). In the past Sabatti has always made some smaller doubles but has never made larger guns. I came close to importing some of the smaller doubles in 45-70 and 9.3 a few years ago but had concerns about how well they were regulated. I hope I am wrong but my gut feeling is that the chance of seeing larger guns is a wet dream from a catalog editor

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
They really need two triggers. coffee

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bwananelson
posted Hide Post
i ordered a 600NE the one i saw at the shot show was a 45-70 nice wood to metal fit ,nice walnut,engraving was very good.and the price could not be touched i am one of the first on the list to get one will let you know how it is,i was told it would be here in the next couple of weeks.i have zoli's ,a merkel,a bakail,this one is sweet the company is not new and has been aroun awhile but i think this is thier first try at doubles.besides do you know who makes 600's now,none that i know of.ok if you have 50+k then yes but here is a chance for a regular guy to get a big stopper to play with

DRSS,SCI.
ZOLI 9.3X74R (2)
Zoli 450 400 NE
Merkel 470 NE
V-C 600 NE
VICTOR SARASQUETA 375

Posts: 351 | Location: deltona florida | Registered: 09 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Great, Keep us posted. I'm anxious to hear what you think when you get it.

One of Us
Picture of bwananelson
posted Hide Post
no they are comming dont know when i had the sales rep check on the wieght of the 600 i ordered its going to be 13-16 pounds she called iyaly so the will be here just dont know when .they took my order at the shot show

DRSS,SCI.
ZOLI 9.3X74R (2)
Zoli 450 400 NE
Merkel 470 NE
V-C 600 NE
VICTOR SARASQUETA 375

Posts: 351 | Location: deltona florida | Registered: 09 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bradking1
posted Hide Post
bwana

you have a pm.

brad

Posts: 403 | Location: SW IDAHO | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I would have to have one of the base models in .470. Where can we get more info?????Like availablity, price, delivery, etc?

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Check the Website listed on the 3rd post, or look up EAA as they are the importer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah Larry I saw that, thanks. I think I will call them on Monday. I wonder what the dealer cost is? I wish we had some manufacturing details.

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As of two days ago they will not be importing the standard grade for at least 6 months or so if they do at all. Engraved models will be here in a couple weeks.

Posts: 418 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Did they say what calibers they will be cominging in this batch? Sabatti's site doen't show a DR. Twin triggers would be better though.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
they say what calibers they will be cominging in this batch? Sabatti's site doen't show a DR.

Check the last page of the downloadable EAA catalog for the DR

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I must be daft as I could not find a phone number for someone to call who could actually sell me one of these. Help please.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you look on the EAA web page, you will find a zip code locator for dealers. Many have no info, but at least they are authorized.

one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
Hi Talked to Mr Sabatti at IWA Show in Nürnberg a few weeks ago.

He had one .470 and one .500 at the booth. nice looking rifles, but as Mr Sabatti said, still only prototypes.
The rifles looks very competent, but had too much machine made engraving for my taste.
However the price he indicated seemed to be very modest. Tried to buy the .500 at the show but he was reluctant to sell a prototype.

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called them the other day and could not get anyone. I left a message for a return phone call but have not received it. Just FYI.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just found a Sabatti SAB92SF in 375HH for $2426.00 on a google search.

Were these double rifles ever actually imported to the States?

Could this price be possible?

http://www.thegunsource.com/it...2SF_SXS_375HH_2.aspx

Posts: 260 | Location: Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They respond to email. They are still waiting on their shipment from Sabatti. I would think the price you found to be very possible since retail is less than $3K.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1929 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:

Keith

Keith, I'm wondering if this rifle cocks both barrels on opening, or if one barrel is cocked by enertia. Confused If it is enertia cocked on one barrel then you are stuck with a single non-selective trigger!

If both barrels are cocked, then double triggers are not that hard to make! coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
If they keep the single trigger ....

then there is a God!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19369 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
I've only shot a double trigger once and didn't like it cumbersome as all hell But there are some things that just go well together.
Double rifles and double triggers are one of them
Now putting a scope on a double is just plain blaspheme.
Would love one in 416

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac

Single trigger mechanical system not inertia activated however my 9.3x74 is single trigger not selective but i can live with that!

Cheers

quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:

Keith

Keith, I'm wondering if this rifle cocks both barrels on opening, or if one barrel is cocked by enertia. Confused If it is enertia cocked on one barrel then you are stuck with a single non-selective trigger!

If both barrels are cocked, then double triggers are not that hard to make! coffee

Posts: 395 | Location: Mozambique | Registered: 08 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Well there you go a double trigger set could be fitted to the rifle if you could not live with out a second trigger
These rifles put true DG size chambering within reach of a lot more shooters

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
During my planning period this morning, I called EAA and talked with one of the girls.

Left my name for the gunsmith to call me back about the cocking mechanishm, inertia or break open cocking.

Now depending on what the inhouse smith for EAA says about the cocking mechanism, with whom do I speak about the double trigger? Is there any idea of cost of this procedure- understand this to be a mouthful considering a subject rifle has not been inspected for, but a good ol ballpark figure would suffice.

Ok, besides that the lady told me that she expects a shipment to arrive 30 days plus or minus. MSRP for the field model is to be $2900 USD. Didn't ask about the fancy grade cause I will have to allocate money for the field grade.

Now kcstott said it best with the statement of putting DG size chamberings in po hands. Paraphrasing of course. My caliber of interest is the toss between .470 and .500.

Please and thank you, if I am retreading information by all means slapping me in the back of my head could only stand to knock some since into me.

A school teacher with champagne tastes, and a beer pocket book.

Posts: 46 | Location: South GA | Registered: 28 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
I believe you would want a separate gunsmith with good experience in doubles to install a set of double triggers. If the factory is not offering them as an option then they would not modify an existing rifle for one shooter as these are a semi production gun imported in to the US.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
If it turns out both sides are cocked on opening, then I'm fairly certain one of the 450NE 3 1/4" rifles will be in my future! I'd like to have a 500NE, but I'm not sure in a rifle that cheap is how the the stock, and other things are fitted, and will stand up to the recoil of the 500NE. I'd have to look them over pretty well to jump on a 500NE in this little rifle, but MAYBE!!!!!!!!

........And just to piss Will off I'll build a set of double triggers, and disconnect the auto-safety! For Kcstott, I might mount a 4-12X50MM scope on it as well! Big Grin

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hard to find double rifle retailers here in Canada, but I found this:

http://www.tradeexcanada.com/i...view&gid=21&iid=5062

I'm corresponding with the dealer right now.

Note the double triggers. If it's offered on their 9.3, and they haven't entered full production mode, it would make sense (given enough pressure from the market) for them to incorporate the double trigger into the heavy calibers.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Dealers have been expecting these in about 30 days for about a year now? Hope somebody buys one soon and lets us know how it shoots? popcorn

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
From looking at the catalog page calibers, I think I'd order one in the .450 Nitro, if it is the same cartridge Hornady is now loading.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I wonder if I could just shave the cheekpiece and shoot it left handed.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry.........didn't hear what you said....your avatar had all my attention........ clap

Posts: 260 | Location: Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sgt Brown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys01:
Dealers have been expecting these in about 30 days for about a year now? Hope somebody buys one soon and lets us know how it shoots? popcorn

Kinda sounds like the Italian version of the Remington/Baikal mess. What was that? Five years?

Tom

DRSS
NRA Life

"Learn to ride hard, shoot straight, dance well and so live that you can - if necessary - look any man in the eye and tell him to go to hell!" US Cavalry Manual 1923

Posts: 93 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 08 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Fjold,
Exactly what I was planning on doing!
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
The rifle pictured in the website for the Canadian retailer shows the rifle to be fitted with two triggers, so evidently double triggers are available!

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I wonder if I could just shave the cheekpiece and shoot it left handed.

I can't be sure not haveing held the rifle in my hands, but most off the shelf double rifles are not cast off for one side or the other! This is so the rifle can be sold to a right hander, or a WRONG hander! Big Grin

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
I would guess if the cast was near center then yeah you could just slice off the cheek piece and refinish.
And if double triggers are available then all the better.
I'll think I'll be getting one in 375 or 416. My chances of going to Africa any time soon is not likely. So I may get a caliber that is more practical for the North American Continent.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kcstott:
I'll think I'll be getting one in 375 or 416. My chances of going to Africa any time soon is not likely. So I may get a caliber that is more practical for the North American Continent.

The 375H&H is very versitile for North America or africa as well, but a rimless cartridge in a double rifle is not the best idea anyone ever had, even in a very expensive double, and IMO an even worse choice in a cheap double rifle. If you want the rifle strictly for North America, then then the 9.3X74R is a far better choice than the other two,it is cheaper to buy as well, and will handle anything North America has to offer. The 9.3X74R is a double rifle you will shoot more often, and at a much lower cost per shot, which translates into a more efficient shooter working the triggers!

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith