New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heym Pics added
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Here's the pics....not the best, but you get the idea. She's headed to JJ today.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gary
Yjat is a nbice looking double. I think you will like having the shotgun bbls.

Did you ever shoot her as a 458?
If so how did she shoot and did she extract/eject properly?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
450:

I did not. I had intended to, but I couldn't find any 458 ammo locally....don't understand that for Florida Roll Eyes...so, rather than mail order, wait..then shoot, I said, what the heck and sent her away before I could become too attached. I know when she returns from JJ she will be ready to go. I've got all the dies, brass, bullets, etc. ready to feed her when she gets back...but for now it's the waiting game.
Purdy tho'...ain't she?

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gary,

Again I'll say it.

YOU HAVE SCORED!!!!!!!!!!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jack! I must admit I do pinch myself from time to time. This gun is just like new....and in a couple of months it will be new....as in a new 450 nitro!

Thanks for the posts.

Take care.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Veerrryyy nice and a great deal at the price you mentioned. Congratulations!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7541 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Gary- you should go to jail for such thievery! What a beauty!!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gary, you are a lucky guy! That rifle would cost at least 25K to replace.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents.....the nicest thing about it...I didn't feel bad at all "stealing" from the store! I called and confirmed that it arrived today into the master's hands...JJ! He's converting her and then sending her back...not soon enough of course...but that's life.
500...new guy pretty much confirmed what you said...maybe not $25K...but close enough that I wouldn't own the set.

Take care all....see some of you in Reno.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Gary,
How does she shoot?
Heym in 450NE. My ultimate working double thumb

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Gary,
Very nice sir! I know you will enjoy that rifle!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarBy:
450:

I did not. I had intended to, but I couldn't find any 458 ammo locally....don't understand that for Florida Roll Eyes...so, rather than mail order, wait..then shoot, I said, what the heck and sent her away before I could become too attached. I know when she returns from JJ she will be ready to go. I've got all the dies, brass, bullets, etc. ready to feed her when she gets back...but for now it's the waiting game.
Purdy tho'...ain't she?

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

A very good move! thumb

..............Nice set-up! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote