THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    WTS NIB Verney-Carron O/U 9.3x74R
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS NIB Verney-Carron O/U 9.3x74R
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Verney-Carron, new in box with all the paperwork, O/U double rifle in 9.3X74R, double triggers, ejectors, right handed cheek piece, adjustable regulation at muzzle (similar to the Merkel 141), rear rib already dovetailed and drilled for twist off scope mount, front sight can be removed and replaced with a red dot sight (see the link, copy and paste) ( http://www.verney-carron.com/pages-us2/iii_index-us.htm ) Here is also the web address for the V-C website ( http://www.verney-carron.com/pages-us2/iii_index-us.htm ) Barrels are 22" long, length of pull ia 14 3/4", weight approx 7 3/4lb. Sling swivels are included but rear stud is not installed. Safety is above the triggers and is pushed forward when taking the gun off safe (see pics). VC has used this system on their O/U rifles for 50 years and say it is faster than the top tang safety. I have several of these in the same configuration and condition, the pictures are of a example gun. Price is $2800 (credit card add 3%) and shipping is $30 to the first 48 states and gun is packed in the factory carton.
Pics here http://www.kebcollc.com/viewimages.asp?gid=305
ken@kebcollc.com

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Are shotgun barrels available from you or the factory?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7711 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shotgun barrels are available for this model but I will need to check if they need to be fitted or if they are drop in.
My experience is that if they need to be factory fitted its best to order the gun with the extra barrels rather than try and return a gun to the factory to have new barrels fitted.
I'll report back as soon as I here from the factory.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just heard back from V-C. The shotgun barrels would need to be fitted at the factory and the best way is to order the extra barrels from the factory when the original rifle is ordered.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, as far as style points how does the O/U compare to the classic SxS?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They used to make excellent big-bore express rifles. Do you also happen to have pre-war BLE in .450/400 or .470? Wink