New
Find
Notify
Tools

My double arrived
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I received my Pedersoli Kodiak today and of course went straight to the range. It prints very well with 400g Remington factory and the Hornady 325 grain at 50 yards using the 100 yard sight. Both print with in a couple of inches of each other. I ran out of time to finish, interesting it also show great promise with my black powder loads using a 535 grain lead bullet, the same load I use in my Sharps.
The Kodiak is a very well finished rifle with the wood to metal fit and metal finish being excellent.
I have contacted Pedersoli and ask to purchase a set of 20 guage barrels for it but they seem reluctant to sell a set unless they fit the barrels, I haven't given up on that yet. I was surprised to see that that they have three sights 100, 200, and 300 yard altho I think thats asking a lot for 300 but we will see, may have to work up a hand load.
NOW where are the elephants and buffalo??????? BOOM

Newest member of DRSS Big Grin

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1511 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rolland,

I can imagine that the expense of 20 gauge barrels is a bit scary. They can't be cheap.

But ... I have a set of 20 gauge barrels for my Chapuis and I gotta say the set of rifle and shotgun barrels makes for a wonderful field gun! I highly recommend the concept.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
Welcome to the DRSS!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Do you have a pic of the gun with a target or smiling new owner? Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the first target I shot, I used Factory Remington 405 grain and Horndy 325 levereveolution shot at 50 yards from a bench. Which by the way these guns were not made for bench shooting. The gun is supposed to be regulated with the 405 loading according to some sources, I am waiting to hear back from Pedersoli on what they used altho they look good on paper.
The Hornady are another matter lots of recoil and no accuracy.
I also used two rounds of my black powder sharps loads with a 535 grain Paul Jones bullet and 70 grains of 1 1/2 Swiss, they also shoot very well. So we will see when I can get back to the range and do some more testing.
I am pleased with the outcome so far.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1511 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now, all you have to do is go out and shoot something with it.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rolland
i do know that some of the 45/70's were regulated for the 300gr 45/70 Loads.
My brother had one for a while and it shot great wioth every load we tried.

he contacted the factory and they advised that the double was safe with any load that was suitable for the Marlin 1895, including Garrett, Buffalo Bore, and Cor-Bon.

We shot Garrett and Cor-Bon in my brothers gun.

Also the Elmer Keith load of a 405gr jacketed bullet over 53 grains of IMR 3031 shot great as well.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Looking good,Now you are readey for the pig hunt.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
A good looking gun. Looks like only a little load experimenting will get you ready for pigs or whatever. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Nice rifle!

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Good going Rolland

Nice rifle and I'm glad to see yhat it shoots. Those groups will only get better with time.

I was walking down gunmakers row in Gardone one day. I did stop in at Gamba but I walked right by Pedersoli because I was in a hurry to see if I could sneak a peek at the Beretta museum.

Whew it's a good thing I did. I'm sure if I would have had one of these in my hands I would have had to have one. Not to mention one of their really cool sharps.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote