THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Looking for info on weird modern double
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for info on weird modern double
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Someone posted a video link about a year ago to a double that had a synthetic stock and a weird bullpup design that ejected through the butt plate. Does anyone recall what it was called or who made it?

Thanks

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The one i saw like that was made in Russia...

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here it is...

http://www.steinkamp-arms.com/

Philip

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please lets not call that a double rifle!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 2830 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why? Because it's an over & under????

Big Grin Big Grin

Philip

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Perhaps more knowledgeable viewers than I can help me with this question: is this rifle a pre- or post-war Holland?
Cheers,
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
I would love to see the video but my german is limited and I have no idea where on the website it may be.

Any help?

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should lay off the tequila long before things like that happen.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:
I would love to see the video but my german is limited and I have no idea where on the website it may be.

Any help?

Here ya go...

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will might like it, ie. short barrels

Maybe not, it has two triggers.

lol.

Tetonka

Posts: 295 | Location: Willow City, Texas & Polebridge, Montana | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Perhaps more knowledgeable viewers than I can help me with this question: is this rifle a pre- or post-war Holland?
Cheers,
Cal

That would be Pre-War! WW IV....

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is the one, thanks. Strange creation indeed.

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the rational/reason for the two barrels is that it uses the Gast Principle of having one bolt cock the other other mechanism?

Gast

I saw a twin barrel GSh-23 23mm cannon that operated this way once whose entire action was no bigger than an M2 50 cal with an ammo chute entering both sides of the receiver. It could supposedly fire 3600rpm and was a very interesting design to say the least. If it does work this way I wonder if the bolts moving in opposition to each other make it smoother in full auto? My German is too rusty!

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Any ideas what calibers this comes in?
What was this thing originally designed for?

Inquiring minds want to know!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote