Find
Notify
Tools

CZ589
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
Anyone familiar with these doubles? Opinions on fit, finish, durability, accuracy, etc?

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Robgunbuilder has one, originally a 458Win, rechambered to Lott. Everyone who has seen or shot it has tried to buy it. Apparently only a few made it into the USA.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Rob's was a very nice handling, quick shooting rifle. thumb The only real problem I had with it, I could not figure out how to keep Rob distracted enough for me to sneak it away from him. clap The only thing that would have made it any better, it would have been a SxS for faster reloads.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I have some O/U double rifles, but in smaller chamberings. I normally do not use large caliber doubles in the O/U configureation, for DGR use, and I haven't seen Rob's rifle, but from what everyone who has handled, and shot it,says, it seems to be a very solid rifle, that shoots very well!

I have owned CZ doubles in the past,...LONG PAST, and the only draw-back was simply cosmetic in nature. CZ is one outfit that has always made strong rifles, but didn't worry too much about glitz, and glitter!

If you can live with an O/U, then you will not be buying a pig, but a very dependable rifle for sure! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote