Find
Notify
Tools

random acts of kindness ...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted
In my life, I have so much for which and people to whom to be thankful. Among them are quite a few of the folk I have met here on AccurateReloading, even if only via computer. People who for no other reason than being truly good souls, went out of their way to help me in one way or another.

Among them are Saeed, Robgunbuilder, Macifej, Bitterroot, Biebs, Kebco, IdahoSharpshooter and many others all here would recognize. Random acts of kindness - doing something simply because someone else needed it.

I just got off the phone with Rusty, who for no reason other than being a good soul, helped me out without request. He then called me to make sure I had all that I needed and made certain I had the benefit of his advice and experience. Just because ...

Thank you Rusty and all of you who are generous in so many different ways. You may not realize it but these random acts of kindness make all the difference in the world to me. I hope someday I am able to repay same.

With humble and sincere appreciation,

Paul

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Met some really good folks on the board that have become very good friends. Tip Burns, Rusty, Scottyboy,Biebs, elk8801 ect.... I've learned alot and have built some good friends--and thats what its all about!!!

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
I hope someday I am able to repay same.

I feel the exact same way. The best thing to do is pay it forward. Good karma.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
+1 to 505ed... i found out he took .505 cartridges to tip burns for my project....dont think we've ever met or corresponded... but i appreciate the help.....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2832 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty and Ken Buch have done the same for me, both Tops in my book.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good number of gentlemen participate her for sure. salute

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm certain there are a number of folks that could talk about how Rusty, Mjines, 500Nitro or other folks on this board had helped them over time!

I value the friendships that I have developed here.

Cliff
NRA Life Member
CMP Distinguished Rifleman
NRA Master, Short and Long Range

Posts: 436 | Location: Fulshear, TX | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Concur! I've had great dealings with a number of fine folks on this board, including Rusty, who sent me a cape buffalo target several years ago. Ken at Kebco also is utterly dependable.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16518 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
while we're on the subject, I would like to thank 465H&H, Idaho Sharpshooter, Dan416, Headtrauma, and Bigdoggy700. All are fine gentlemen, and are gracious hosts. Besides all the banter and mud slinging that goes on here, this is really a great website, and I feel extremely privlegded to have met these fine folks here on AR. To all the above mentioned guys- thanks a lot! One day, hopefully I can repay in some small measure the kindness and generosity these group of guys have shown me and a few of my friends. To you its no big deal, but as said before, it does mean the world to someone else. Thanks again!

PS- be sure to drop Bigdoggy700 a line if you can, he recently just lost his brother to cancer. Him and his brother both are a couple of great guys. Thanks

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the kind words.... Big Grin

I agree....some great sorts on here....I've had dealings with quite a few and never found a one to be anything other than first rate....a few opinionated buggers....but good folks..

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I to have experienced great interaction with AR members. Most notably, and previously mentiond, is Rusty. There is no question why some here call him Dad.

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heck,

Bailey helped me realize I had developed a flinch. By bringing his Hornet double to the Hoot&Shoot. I think I have cured the problem. Thanks Bailey!

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Proof positive everyone needs one of my little doubles to keep bad habits from invading your shooting Big Grin

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am still waiting for you to offer a firm price and delivery date...

38-90 WCF, and I have the reamer set and dies, etc.
Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote