New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning O/U rifle?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know anything about them? Are they made in DG calibers? I'm very fond of my superposeds, and wonder if they're anything like them.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
They're chambered in .270 W, .30-06, .30 Blaser, 7x65R, 8x57JR and 9,3x74R. 2 categories of double rifles coexist : CCS 525 (based on a 20 ga shotgun action. The less expenvive of the 2. 3.300 to 3.800 € ) and the CCS25 (mostly handmade on a special rifle action). The latter is the best by far but is priced accordingly (from 12.000 to 45.000 €).
In 1982, I acquired one of the latter in 9,3x74R, engraved and signed by José Baerten, FN's former master engraver :

You can check them out at
http://www.browning-int.com/intro.html
(look for CCS rifles and custom shop). While you're at it, watch the hunting videos. There's some good filming of drive hunting as practised here.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post

For 24 years I have had the pleasure of going afield with the above rifle. It has taught me quite a bit about the finer things in life! Great joy and supurb performance.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
308Sako, I believe I met your rifle before. In 1982, I was at the FN plant selecting my o/u rifle and was shown a special lot of CCS25's with straight grip and chambered in .30-06 and .270 Win + a set of 20 ga bbls. for the U.S. Is yours chambered in one of those calibers ?

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Andre, Yes I have met you before in these very forums. The rifle came into my possession in 1983, new of course. I sourced it through Ron Shirks who is/was a large dealer in Lebanon, Pennsylvania IIRC. Yes it is .30-06/20GA, and I had the priviledge of taking it to Africa and used both the .30-06 and the 20GA there.

Perhaps you remember my thread about the changing regulation issue after the claw mounts were installed. You were kind enough to explain such "little" matters as barrel time and that the rifle "may still shoot better with the iron sights." It does and it did. Thanks again.

Dave

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote