THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Load data for .375 Flanged Magnum?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Load data for .375 Flanged Magnum?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have, or know of a source for, load data for the .375 Flanged Magnum, using powders available readily in North America, and giving pressures in other than tons per square inch? I can find nothing in Graeme Wright’s third edition.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CCMDoc has a Verney Carron in 375 Flanged that he just returned with from an African safari. I'll let him know about this thread...I'm sure he's got some loads to share.

Posts: 20141 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
I believe I am using about 65 grains of RL15 with 3/8" backer rod with a 300grn bullet. I will check my data for sure when I get back to it.

Mac

Posts: 1731 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
and CCMDoc told me his gun regulated with 84 grains of RL25. I have not tried this yet. I would think it would have to fill the case,but I could be wrong.

Mac

Posts: 1731 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
Shooting the British Double Rifle by Graeme Wright has all the data you need. If you have a double or for that matter a single rifle in a British caliber, you owe it to yourself to obtain a copy...

McKay's load with RL15 is within the range listed in Wright's text. Wright does not list any loads with RL25 so I cannot comment on that one.

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rel25 sounds like it would be too slow for 375-like applications. It's like Retumbo or H1000, but hey, whatever works!

Posts: 20141 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Ron, check your threads at NE

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
84 grains of Reloder 25 or 80grains of Reloder 22 get a 300 grain pill to around 2,500fps out of my 26" barrels. No filler needed with either.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote