Find
Notify
Tools

Source for 450 NE dies
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RAC
posted
Midway can't get them for 90 days. I can't find any Hornady brass either. Any info will be appreciated.

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I got Hornady dies pretty quickly from Buffalo Arms earlier this year - I don't know about now.

Cabela's shows 450 NE Hornady brass as being in stock. I haven't had any trouble getting brass over the last few months.

Dave

Posts: 22 | Location: California | Registered: 24 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was at Buffalo Arms today and picked up Hornady Brass, they have it in stock, however, they are out of Hornady dies.

Midway should still have Hornady dies in stock, I ordered a set a couple of hours ago.

I'm still missing a shell holder. RCBS are available, but I don't like how loose the cases fit.

one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I ordered 100 pieces of Hornady brass from Buffalo Arms. I still have to get dies. Hornady are available but I can't find RCBS. Anybody have any luck with the Hornady dies?

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
I bought c-h 4D dies from buffalo arms. I have gotten two sets of double rifle dies from them and they have been good.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really like hornady dies, but that said, I only reload for two calibers and have never used anything else.

I have to admit that in case of the 450 NE I was reluctant to order Hornady because I figured that the RCBS dies, at well over twice the price had to be better than the 80 somthing dollar Hornady dies.

When I asked the guys at Buffalo Arms for their opinion, they explained that RCBS charges a signifant ammount for "unusual" cartridges, and that they are sure I will be just as happy with the Hornady dies. They had neither in stock, so it's not just somthing they told me to sell what they had available.

As I mentioned before, I've been very happy with my dies, so I felt very comfortable ordering my third Hornady set.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twoseventy:
I bought c-h 4D dies from buffalo arms. I have gotten two sets of double rifle dies from them and they have been good.

I believe they are currently out of those dies as well, don't know how long it would take them to get a set.

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Roger - Give Huntingtons a call for RCBS. They probably have them in stock.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I purchased my CH-4D dies from Buffalo Arms in 450NE...they work well, and the price is reasonable. I have several sets of Hornady dies and I think they are great as well. I have 20-some sets of RCBS and find that all of them work about the same. I'm not a big fan of the RCBS set screw on the locking ring though... I like the lock rings that squeeze the die better...they don't strip out.

If the dimentions are correct, they should all work about the same....your just squeezing brass... hilbily
ND

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE

Posts: 625 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAC:
Thanks. I ordered 100 pieces of Hornady brass from Buffalo Arms. I still have to get dies. Hornady are available but I can't find RCBS. Anybody have any luck with the Hornady dies?

While the great majority of die sets I have are RCBS, I have had excellent experience with Hornady dies and have absolutely no reservations about buying and using them in any caliber.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am using the Hornady dies and shellholder for loading .450 NE. This is the first time I have used Hornady dies. They work as well as my RCBS, Lee, Lyman, etc. dies that I have loaded with for over 35 years.

I can reload the .450 NE with my old RCBS Rockchucker press because of the Hornady seating die design. I am satisfied with the reloads I am getting.

Use a double rifle. It just feels better.

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 190 | Location: Somewhere, I think. | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana_Dave:
I am using the Hornady dies and shellholder for loading .450 NE. This is the first time I have used Hornady dies. They work as well as my RCBS, Lee, Lyman, etc. dies that I have loaded with for over 35 years.

I can reload the .450 NE with my old RCBS Rockchucker press because of the Hornady seating die design. I am satisfied with the reloads I am getting.

Where did you wind up finding the dies?

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Well, I ordered a set of Hornady dies. I don't have much experience with them (I have a set in 6.5JDJ) But I want dies RIGHT NOW so I can start shooting my rifle. I got my brass today.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CCMDoc,

I got mine from Graf's. I ordered them last October and it took a couple of months to get both dies and shellholder back then. Hornady had just started making .450 NE dies.

Use a double rifle. It just feels better.

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 190 | Location: Somewhere, I think. | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote