THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Merry Christmas to the Double Rifle Forum!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Merry Christmas to the Double Rifle Forum!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am not a good person to be on an Internet forum. Nowadays I mainly lurk looking for information, though I do occasionally forget myself (working on that).

I acquired a double rifle 18 months ago and what I have learned here has been extremely useful in my quest to sort it out. I really appreciate those of you who take the time to post well reasoned and factually solid information. I have been seriously shooting and handloading to high levels of accuracy and consistency for a couple decades now, even to the point of successfully competing in sanctioned matches. However, DRs are an entirely different world.

Had I not been looking here, I would have never guessed that building a standing rest would take my 450 NE for shooting 8" high to shooting to point of aim. I wouldn't have known to check my Sabatti for ground muzzles, or known where to send it to get it re-regulated (I'll probably do that next year). I wouldn't have known about Graeme Wright's book, or many other things I have come across here.

So though you won't see me post much--and you should be thankful for that, I do want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi INTJ. Merry Christmas to you too.

I have learned a great deal here.

Cal's new book "The Double Rifle Primer" is excellent too, just received it.

Best wishes for the coming year.

Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1975 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Second on Cal's Primer.

Dutch