New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hendershots, Maryland
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was in the area on business so I stopped into Hendershots in Upper MD. Amazing "high end" rifle inventory. They had six double rifles from various manufacturers.

Great place to spend a few hours if you are in the area.

Posts: 260 | Location: Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Lance does get some nice items in. They just bought their father out and revamped the store.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great store and good folks,they have a rock solid reputation in their area

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the recommendation. Lance is a good guy and keeps a lot of nice guns in inventory. Dakota, Winchester model 70's, Merkels, Grulla's, US Firearms Colt Single Actions,etc.

Posts: 1729 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Anyone remember Art and Ian from The Gentleman Hunter in Bethesda? That was the first 'safari-geared' store I ever visited and enjoyed talking with Ian a bunch and having a look through the gun vault.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have bought five rifles from Hendershot's, & I think Lance is a GREAT guy to deal with - as good as it gets !!!

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I remember visiting Art at the Gentleman Hunter. I was sad when he sold that place.

Posts: 1729 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote