New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis double rifles.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are chapuis double rifles good quality rifles? How would they compare with other brands?

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I bought a used one here in 9.3x74R. It’s my first and only DR so far. It seems to be a good entry level DR. I’ve only taken it to the range once. Beyond that, I can’t comment. I’d like to shoot it more, but haven’t. If you’re ever up this way, let me know and we can go burn some powder with it.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3436 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a Chapuis 9.3x74R that I use for driven game in Europe. It's relatively old one (sorry, don't know the model), but you see a good number of similar at good driven shoots in France.
I love it: it performs perfectly with any factory ammo you put in it, and is easy to shoot.
Sorry I cannot compare it with other manufacturers but, based on how my neighbouring guns on the shoots regard Chapuis, they are a good, lower-priced (its all relative) doubles.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chapuis has a reputation for being more accurate and durable than they should be for what they cost relative to other brands.

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know JJ loves them.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Owned four of them and my current one is a 9.3 X4 model, which has adjustable barrels. It is, by far, the most accurate DR I have ever had, shooting into one inch at 50 yards, and that was with no adjustment. And I mounted a scope too , which is easy on them.
Best buy in a double rifle for under 375 caliber.
Just get one and see.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have one in 470 NE. I handload my ammo and it shoots great!

I don’t think you could go wrong!

Skip Nantz

Posts: 539 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 376 steyr:
Are chapuis double rifles good quality rifles? How would they compare with other brands?

generally good rifles at their price point

tend to be a bit lighter by caliber than most of the last century British guns ( the 450'and 470's)

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote