New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krieghoff Double Questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have done a Search for Kriegoff Double's and found some good info. But need a little more.

A friend of a friend, is in his mid 70's and wants to sell his Kriegoff in .500 Nitro (the gun is probably 7 years old and has shot about a box of ammo.) Because he knows of me and knows it will be shot, he would be interested in selling it to me for $6,800, in the Kriegoff Americase, one box of a-Square brass and 1 box of Mild loads in new A-Square brass.

The gun is the classic Big 5, Standard LOP, 23" Barrel, no recoil reducer in stock, One leaf rear sight. I don't know what engraving is on it yet, or whether it has side plates or not.

That being said is $6,800 a good price, even if it was the standard gun?

Note: I already own a Merkel in .470 Nitro but have been dying to get my hands on a .500 NE. These guns do fit me, should I pull the trigger on it? Is this the steal of the century or a good price? I am getting pics tommorow!

Is there anything else I should ask about the gun??

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd jump all over it and if you don't, please give your friend my contact info.

Posts: 10376 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
That price is a steal. I would say that is $3000 to $4000 less than what you would pay for a "good" deal on a new one. Assuming that it is in good shape, no rust, etc., if you are looking for a .500 you will not likely find a better deal. For what it is worth, my Krieghoff .500 is extremely accurate.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Good god, take it. TAKE IT NOW!

Dave

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great deal

Posts: 244 | Location: Zimbabwe/Sweden | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Listen to Dave....he just stole one from me....yes....that is a great price.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Still Waiting on Pictures.

The Wait is Seriously Killing me!!!!

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can't beat that price, even with a really big stick!! BUY IT!!

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would definitely be a buyer at that price.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems almost too good to be true. Have it looked at by a smith that really knows doubles.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
REMEMBER TOO ..... IN THE DEAL YOU GET KRIEGHOFFS
COMBI - COCKER INSTEAD OF A SAFETY.

Posts: 174 | Registered: 12 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
every k-gun I've shot has been very accurate. I have seen them sell from 5500 to 10K here lately. The 500 is alot of gun, but the K-guns stock is strighter than some and I think handles recoil better than some.

Good luck,

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftondrus:
REMEMBER TOO ..... IN THE DEAL YOU GET KRIEGHOFFS
COMBI - COCKER INSTEAD OF A SAFETY.

Since I have one, I don't consider this a problem. In fact I consider it a huge plus. It is the safest double you can get.

As 505ED said, they are very accurate, as can be confirmed by several dead buff Wink

Go for it thumb

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bush:
Good god, take it. TAKE IT NOW!

Dave

Ditto, buy it .
mine sold for considerably more

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life