THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Anyone familiar with Nicholas Makinson double rifles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone familiar with Nicholas Makinson double rifles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just discovered this custom gun maker here in Ontario, Canada (practically in my own back yard too!), but I don't know anything about his DRs. Anyone...?

Posts: 82 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 06 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's one available on either Guns Intl or Gun Broker...can't remember. I don't know anything about them. Hope it's not another shotgun-to-DR shop.

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
There's one available on either Guns Intl or Gun Broker...can't remember. I don't know anything about them. Hope it's not another shotgun-to-DR shop.

Saw that one. Don't think that's what he does. Here's his website: www.nickmakinson.com

Posts: 82 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 06 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I mhave never seen one of his rifles but his shotguns are first class in any ones world. Wow!! I am really impressed with the elephant engraving on the 600.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nick put a Jos. Lang sidelever damascus 12 bore game gun back on face for me a few years ago. His work was simply perfect. He knows doubleguns and has the talent needed to make them and/or repair them correctly.

redleg

Posts: 15 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Nick is a super guy. He has done some work for me and his guns are excellent. The 470 for sale looks to be an excellet buy.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote