THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    To Those Whom I Have Offended
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To Those Whom I Have Offended
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted
With my sharply worded posts, I most humbly apologize. I have been treated with grace and respect by some fellows on here who rightly should have told me to piss off and didn't. I will do my best to be more polite and do better in the future. I'm standing by my mistrust of using fillers in big bores so we'll agree to disagree there Wink but otherwise let's start over.

the Cane Rat

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
This kind of post does not happen often on here, and I probably should have made the same post once or twice.

Welcome aboard and I am a little mad at you for two reasons.

First I am ordering some Reloder 19 to try in my 470. Probably would not have done it without reading your post. Smiler

Second, I have been considering buying a 577 and have talked to an AR member about building one next year. If that does not pan out, after looking at your VC in the other thread it looks like I may be parting with some money next year on a VC 577.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very graceful post.

Apology accepted but by no means required, Rat.

Having a minority point of view is not a criminal offense here on AR, posts by various (presumably) well-intentioned azzhats to the contrary notwithstanding.

Hell, I'm a poster child for getting hooted: anything over a 375/300g makes me flinch. I thus regard the roughly 82 gazillion posts about how wonderful the .600 MYDICKISLITTLE and calibers north of there not with disdain, exactly, but with mild amusement.

Stay the course, sir.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
This kind of post does not happen often on here, and I probably should have made the same post once or twice.

Welcome aboard and I am a little mad at you for two reasons.

First I am ordering some Reloder 19 to try in my 470. Probably would not have done it without reading your post. Smiler

Second, I have been considering buying a 577 and have talked to an AR member about building one next year. If that does not pan out, after looking at your VC in the other thread it looks like I may be parting with some money next year on a VC 577.

Mike,

Many thanks. You sir, are one of the fellows I had in mind that I could have treated better and I appreciate your kind remarks. I'll tell you what, Ken has had a couple of 577s for sale in the past year and I have been damn tempted but didn't have the spare $$$. If you get one I can't wait to hear about it, what an awesome cartridge! Good luck with the RL-19. beer

Thanks to you too Mauser! .600 MYDICKISLITTLE!! I'm still trying to wipe the beer out of my keyboard after spilling it in a fit of laughter after reading that, that was funny.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you would be interested in the article by Ross Seyfried "Reloading the Nitro Express" ?

I think this could save a lot of bandwidth as to why we use RL-15.

Please email me and I will be glad to send you a copy.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Cane Rat:

Don't give it a second thought my friend. Welcome aboard!

Like Mike, I have really been looking hard at a VC and yours is very nice. Damn, I need a .577 Smiler Dang Biebs, get one so I can shoot it.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I wondered how long it would take you to figure out we really are a pretty good group here on AR, with a lot of knowledge and experience to share. Glad you get it and it didn't take long.

Welcome aboard and Semper Fi.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Dave and Mike,

Many thanks, guys!! You're right, this is a good bunch of guys.

You guys gotta stop with the 577 NE talk before you talk ME into buying one! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cane Rat,
I don’t know if you have read Graeme Wright’s book SHOOTING THE BRITISH DOUBLE RIFLE, This is a great source of info on loading for your rifles. You most certainly can load with out filler in a modern rifle. I was just trying to tell you why R15 and the use of fillers are widely used.
I would also get Rusty to send you that copy of the article by Ross Seyfried "Reloading the Nitro Express" it has some good info.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cane Rat,

I am sticking my tongue out at you while holding my thumbs to

my temples with my hands wide open and fingers spread wide

and wiggling them, AND I am squinting my eyes!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

Welcome aboard. wave

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Dear Jack

Your barrels are still too long

Nganga

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3554 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nganga:
My wife loves that my barrel is too long. Nothing wrong with that. Helps in the accuracy department.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
Nganga:
My wife loves that my barrel is too long. Nothing wrong with that. Helps in the accuracy department.

Dutch

Eeker Eeker Eeker

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3554 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
quote:
Nganga:

Dutch

Eeker Eeker Eeker

That, unfortunately, is a problem I have never had. CRYBABY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:

quote:
Nganga:

Dutch

That, unfortunately, is a problem I have never had.

Not going to lie to guys, I must be shootin a Howdah by comparison. Now if we are talking actual barrels, who cares as long as it has two.

A school teacher with champagne tastes, and a beer pocket book.

Posts: 46 | Location: South GA | Registered: 28 August 2009Reply With Quote