New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canvas sling
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking for canvas and leather slings to put on both my double rifle and Ruger Magnum. I would like to find the adjustable ones. "Classic" looking is prefered.
Anyone know where I can find something like this?
Thanks.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At one time I think Westley Richards USA had some.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Trader Keith has a great canvas sling with leather ends and brass locking studs.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
TRADER KEITH'S
Portsmouth, NH
800-338-3146
thumb
OZHUNTER

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trader Keiths is the one....Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GarBy, you may just like the Westly- Richards one better. It is 2" rather than the Trader Keith's 1" and much more comfortable when carrying a heavy rifle. As you may have surmised, I have both and much prefer the WR. BTW the photo in the WR web site is not an accurate representation of the sling, it is almost identical to the Trader Keith in construction only wider. The picture on the web site shows a belt buckle type of attaching hardware, the actual sling is the traditional stud and button hole.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geronimo:

Thanks for your post. That was the only thing I didn't like about the WR sling. If it's as you say, it would be a great choice as I am looking for a wider sling. How long ago did you purchase your sling?
Thanks for the post.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
New England Custom Guns have some slings that may serve your purpose.

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of Merkels and am wondering about finding a sling to fit the 7/8" sling loops. Trader K and NECG does not list such an item. A standard sling swivel will not fit if you remove the factory loops.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1257 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Brain1,
For my Merkel 470 I bought a set of "ERA" RECKNAGEL 20000-3025 detachable loops which suit the Trader Kieth sling.
Another option is the Blaser Q/D swivels. They are great.
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget www.jeffsoutfitters.com They have canvas and leather traditional style slings in both 3/4" and 1" sling swivel widths.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote