THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Heading to South Texas for some Porker Perforatin'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heading to South Texas for some Porker Perforatin'
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

CSMC RBL Professional 20 GA. Sabot Double

Merkel 141, 30-06 Springfield

Merkel 141, 30-06 Springfield

Right Barrel, 180 Gr. Remington green box, 50 yds.

Left Barrel, 3 different loads, 50 yds. Will use the lighter 165 Gr. Nosler Ballistic Tip hand load in the left barrel.

This iteration, the left barrel can be adjusted. I'll do that another time. This should suffice for now.

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Nice guns,wish I was doing this Smiler

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go git 'em GW. Ya!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Thanks for the pictures of the guns and of the targets!

Are those swing mounts? Did you have any trouble getting the scope back far enough?

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Are those swing mounts? Did you have any trouble getting the scope back far enough?

No trouble, as I purchased the M141 pre-enjoyed and it came with the scope and ringmounts.

and...

Yes they are the Recknagel Twist Mount.

The newer K3's have a mount similar to Blaser, but the older K1's and the 141 employ the two piece Recknagel twist mount. I cannot comment on the other Merkel's other than some have the claw style mounts.

I have K3's with the Saddle Mounts, but I prefer the Recknagel to the Saddle Mount, but that's just me.

Both scopes have about a 12.5" measurement from the back of the Ocular bell to the base of the buttpad.

If you notice the front mount on the M141 is an extended mount.

BTW, I've had an order at NECG for a Picitinny rail mount from Recknagel for about 6 months. I hope should it ever come in to mount a red dot/RMR on the M141.

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GW,

Thanks! Very nice. Looking at putting one of those swing mounts on a Chapuis O/U I have, but was concerned about whether I could get the scope back far enough. The measurement from back of ocular bell to back of butt pad is perfect.

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote