THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Snap caps for the 450/400 3"?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snap caps for the 450/400 3"?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone make a snap cap for the 450/400 3"? A-Zoom makes one for the 450/400 3.25", will that work in the 3" chamber?

Posts: 709 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Call Trader Keiths....I got mine there.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
The 450/400 3.25 will not work in the 3" chamber.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Allen, If Trader doesn't have them, just get a pair of the ones sold by Galazan, for the 450 Nitro express! They are short,only about 1 1/2" long, and are not long enough to interfer with the shoulder area of the 450/400 3", or 3 1/4" They come either nickel , or gold plated!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oregon

Galazan are US agent for kynoch. they make for both the 3" and 3.25" case (the latter has a thinnner rim than the former) if none are in stock with Galazan just send an e-mail to Kynamco asking they shipt to you a credit / debit card order and they will be on there way, no restictions on shipping as they are simply component"

Posts: 343 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I called Kynoch and got mine from them. Call and speak with David Little, he is a great guy to speak with and will get them out quickly.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not use a spent round and make a dummy round?

quote:
Originally posted by Oregon45:
Does anyone make a snap cap for the 450/400 3"? A-Zoom makes one for the 450/400 3.25", will that work in the 3" chamber?

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine are Kynoch, 3 & 1/4 inch thin rimmed,
not the .060 inch THICK rim of the 3 inch.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote