THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Question for Krieghoff Classic owners?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for Krieghoff Classic owners?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi

I'm very happy with my Krieghoff double in every way but I am curious to know whether this concern of mine is the nature of the beast or if my specimen might need some adjustment. When I open her, the barrels swing down to a point and then I need to exert more pressure to get them to the bottom of their arc in order to extract or load new shells. It's almost as if there is some kind of spring against which the barrels are resting and its a bit of a pain in the field when trying to reload quickly as It's a bit like an airgun - I need to exert that pressure to get, and keep the barrels at the bottom of their arc while I pull out the empties and slide a couple of new rounds in.

Does this occur with your rifles? Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Cheers.

GG

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine behave the same. I just assumed it would go away with use.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
My Krieghoff works the same way. A PH who uses one in 500NE for a back up taught my to drop the butt, not the barrel. You don't notice the cocking and the empties fall out. Much faster Smiler

You will notice that it opens much easier if the cocking tang is in the safe mode.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I had K. reduce the tension on the forend so the barrels flop open. I always hated it when I had to force a double open, and chuckle when I see the videos of guys that have to break it open over their knee. Smiler

Hopefully you or someone can get that done for you.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19334 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote