New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Double Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Got my first double rifle this week, Chapuis 9.3. After handling several kinds of rifles for the last three years, the 9.3 just felt right. Along came a rifle JUST like I wanted so I did it! What a joy to handle!
Shooting at 50 yards, my best group was about 1 1/2". Growing up shooting a double barrel shotgun, I don't know why I waited so long to jump on board with a rifle. Only solution now is to upgrade my plains game hunt next year to include a buff.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Congratulations on your new addiction.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well congratulations on your new rifle. Show us some pictures and targets. Where in Texasare you located?
beer
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy days. A good round for general African hunting - you'll have fun!

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sevenmagltd.:
Got my first double rifle this week, Chapuis 9.3.

Only solution now is to upgrade my plains game hunt next year to include a buff.

Two great ideas, mate.
beer

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
congrats on your new 9,3.... i got 1 in the last group buy from dale nygaard also.....its sweet....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, especially Rusty, who helped with my decision. You guys remember when you got your first Red Ryder, well that's about how I feel. As soon as I figure the photo posting, I'll send out some of the rifle and shots. By the way, got the rifle from Dale, great guy to deal with!
I have an idea my 14 year old son is going to give the local hog population a run for their money with this little jewel of a rifle!!!

One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Congratulations,
You and your Son will, from this point forward, never be the same! There's no going back!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good going !

now you must add double rifle shooters society to your name

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just curious, what is this DRSS I see on the post. Do you actually get together and hunt/shoot?

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sevenmagltd.:
Just curious, what is this DRSS I see on the post. Do you actually get together and hunt/shoot?

The DRSSis an informal group of guys who own,shoot, and hunt with double rifles. Since one can only go to africa less that he can to Texas, we hold a couple of Hog hunts every year, and have folks come for the hunt/fun shoot, from as far away as RSA.

Tha acronim stands for DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTER'S SOCIETY !

................. beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
There are no qualifications for being a member. We don't even consider character or shooting ablity, which is a good thing or I would be out of luck. I see you post from Texas, at least you have that going for you. It's a pretty "loose" group (emphasis on LOOSE). Great guys though, some can cook better than they shoot and some can shoot way better than they can cook.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1257 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote