Find
Notify
Tools

Help needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted
I have been looking for a short - 44" long - Non-scoped rifle/carbine/shotgun soft case to transport my 41.5" 500 NE in assembled condition inside a Bore-Stor. Not having much luck. Any Help?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
A quick google search turned up many of them.

For a hard case,
http://www.mezzi.com/Hard-Gun-...m-44-In--Rifle-Case/

For soft cases,

http://www.thefind.com/sports/...oyt-44-inch-gun-case

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Mike

Daryl sent a couple of these cases to ship some of his B&Ms to Australia the other day. One very short, 36 inches and the other states 42 inches. However, inside the 42 inch case is actually 43 inches. Reasonable price, but they are rather well made, 5 latches, with two of them locking. Pretty heavy duty from what I can tell. Plenty of foam to protect, and has pluck foam that you can fit your rifle in. I plan on getting a couple of them, either to use as shipping back and forth with some of the hi grade stocks, or to actually use on Safari.

http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...n-case-polymer-black

If you are 41 inches with the double, I think you can put the double in, and your 458 B&M backup too! They are very close to being as heavy duty as the SKB cases I have used for 15 years.

The SKBs come in very short, 32 inches, or 40 inches, and long 50 inches. Nothing in between that would work. I have 3-4 of the 50 inch cases, and nothing ever damaged in 15 years, not even a scratch. Locking latches are a little weak on the SKBs, but I duct tape them at checkin after TSA gets through with them, or have TSA duct tape the latches down.

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Michael, the case is 42" long on the outside, but 43" on the inside? How far is your place from the Marijuana farm down there? :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Michael, the case is 42" long on the outside, but 43" on the inside? How far is your place from the Marijuana farm down there? :-)

Not too far actually---heh heh.............

Hey, I don't know Biebs, just what it says, but I measured the inside before I said that!

LOL................... Maybe it's just "Inside Out".................

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, I neglected to say that what I'm looking for is a soft case. Fixed the OP. So now what?

I am aware of the Boyt 44" case but don't like the bottom zipper and would like to avoid it if possible. I have one and the trackers struggled with getting the rifle out for me this past September. I was afraid it was gonna be dropped out of the bag.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

Maybe it was made by Dr Who or will fit a 43" rifle if you angle the barrel into the corner. How long is it, really, outside?

Posts: 5112 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote