New
Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy Sidelock 470/45-70
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
No involvement with sale, but a possible great deal on a two barrel sidelock by Searcy.

Gunbroker
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/961414324

Posts: 295 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
A give away price, but I really question the idea of such a barrel combination. A 375 FL and a large bore would have been more versatile. Still....

Posts: 17102 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
A give away price, but I really question the idea of such a barrel combination. A 375 FL and a large bore would have been more versatile. Still....

I don’t know as much as you, but it does seem a silly combination. A .375 FL would have been a great combination.

I had always wanted a DR/shotgun combo, but the fit and feel would never be right.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I think having the 45-70 barrels would be extremely useful....as it would be a very cost-effective way to practice (on paper and animals like pigs, varmints, etc...)

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it's a super idea, a 45-70 for plinking and PG or shooting deer out of a blind, not to mention mild recoil, and the 470 for DG all in one package, and the price is a steal, Thats a beautiful rifle to top it off, and Searcys are ultra accurate. Taking 3 rifles to Africa in a two gun case has appeal to foreign travel.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote